Reverse throttle action

Started by =CfC=Woof, December 02, 2017, 01:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Woof

I've been buggering with this thing for over a year and am now, finally, having a little success by adding keys in the, hell and damnation I can't think of the name, but it's the third category from the left EXCEPT no matter what I do the throttle works in reverse. I've tried whacking the little inverse arrow, no help, and can't get any action from the gauge with the arrow.  All the other blasted buttons seem to work as advertised. Have cruised Google and Youtube, but nada.

All replies answered in a plain brown envelope.

Ta, in advance...

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=BlueDog

Storebror

So in a nutshell, the "invert" button isn't working on your Z-Axis Joystick Setting which you've applied to "All Engine Throttles" (assuming you have an X-52 / X-52 Pro)?
That would cause the issue you've described. For an X-52 you have to invert this axis.

Before you apply the steps illustrated below, I'd recommend to check once again that you're really working on the Throttle settings for all engines (and not one of the lots of other throttle assignments available in BoS).

Okay... so... if anything else fails, navigate to your SteamApps directory. By default this is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps".
Navigate forther to your BoS folder, it's "common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad".
Navigate to the input settings folder: "data\input".

Open the file "current.actions" in notepad.
Find the setting "rpc_all_engines_throttles,".
It will appear more than once likely, find the line where the 2nd column reads something with "joy", e.g. "joy0_axis_z,".
This is your joystick axis assignment for "all engine throttle".
3rd column decides whether the axis is inverted or not.
In your case it will read "0|". Change that to "1|".

Cheers!
Mike
Learn. Challenge. Improve. -

John Cartwright

Or, when you physically input your throttle, start from  the other end of the travel?
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC=Bounder

Quote from: BalDaddy on December 02, 2017, 01:36:22 PM
Or, when you physically input your throttle, start from  the other end of the travel?

As the Bishop said to the actress and not as the actress said to the Bishop......that might well work BD😁

Bounder

=CfC=Woof

Thanks for the helpful replies, chaps.  Throttle now fixed. I was misreading the invert sign...expected a minus sign and didn't notice the color change...now if I can just get the prop pitch and oil and water shutters organized.... will be flying tomorrow, somewhat...

Storebror

I have water radiator on pageup/pagedown and oil cooler on home/end.
IIRC there's been something else on these keys before, but I never used it.
Prop Pitch is on a TPM axis for me...

Cheers!
Mike
Learn. Challenge. Improve. -

=CfC=Woof

Thanks for tips, Mike.  I'll try them soonest...

Cheers...