Latest update

Started by =CfC=Bounder, February 06, 2016, 12:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Bounder

Armed with Ted's advice I downloaded and installed the latest update and had a fly around.

Flying the 109 is certainly a lot easier than the Russian machines. Having the ability to assign the trim to the wheels on my X52 allows a little spare brain capacity for me to try and manage normal flight.......and even landing🤗. I still cannot understand the logic of not being able to assign elevator trim to this axis on the Russian machinery. I have to try and remember to use a hat switch on these!

I found taxiing almost impossible with the Yak.....until I realised that if you could get it pointing in the right direction you then had to lock the tanilwheel or else compete in Swan Lake😣.

As for the actual flying.....it seems somewhat like flying the Yak in IL2......lots of sloppy pudding stiring rather than the ability to point the nose with any precision. This seems the same for all types.I'm hoping that in settings this may be adjustable but as yet I have only found very basic control input adjustment........Conky......Ted......any advice?

The scenery is stunning and the summer map really nice. Is there anyway to silence or turn down the AI radio volume?

I think in time when more a/c types and maps appearing this will be a good Flt. Sim. Our current modded UP3 is still way up there though for the time being.

Woof.....there is a 50% sale on at the moment so if you fancy several hours trying to get the whole cabuddle to fly....have a go☺.

Bounder

CFC_Conky

Hi Bounder,

Try lowering the sensitivity of your joystick axes if you can. I have reduced the X-Y axes on mine to 80% and the kites are a lot less twitchy. The Yak is actually very stable, try to keep it above 300 km/h. I actually have trouble with the 109, everytime I try to make a sharp turn I stall out.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=BlueDog

There's a summer map?

Does this come with the latest update?

=CfC=Bounder

Thanks Conky....I'll try and see if it helps.

Bluey.....I bought the premium edition in the sale a few months ago (I think it was around £30) and that came with the summer map...the current update definitely has a summer map.

Bounder

CFC_Conky

It should help Bounder; I can actually fly most of the kites 'hands off' now.

Bluey,

The summer/autumn maps are lovely, just watch your engine temps!  :o

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Bounder

Finally managed to get the Yak in the air!! I had been trying to taxi between all sorts of obstacles in one of the missions but finally realised you could position it on the runway 😣.
Have experimented with the control settings and it has helped.......however none of the a/c will trim to below about 220kph in approach config.....very annoying!
Also....can only get the inflight map to appear full screen although there are options for hidden and compact. Any tips?
Bounder

=CfC=BlueDog

QuoteThe summer/autumn maps are lovely, just watch your engine temps! 

Bluey (modestly) suggests the only overheat problem would be for the ladies, should they be fortunate enough to catch a glimpse of Bluey beclad solely in his rugger shorts! ;)

Lock up your Admirals, gents!

=CfC=Woof

Got the Yak off the ground w/out tail wheel lock...never use it in il2...but I'm sure gonna  find it in BOS.  Yak pretty sloppy, but later found aileron control not set properly. Could not get airborne in 109.  Forever taxiing thru long grass.  Never did find a runway.  And full power to move the beast thru the grass.  Must find start on r'way option.  I got the deluxe edition...thought it opened LA5 and FW190, but no luck.  Great graphics.  Much fun.  Thanks for the tip, Bounder.

I'v got deja vue all over me...

CFC_Conky

Hello all,

Generally speaking, as soon as you leave the ramp, you should see the taxiway. Follow it to the runway; after a while you will know where the runways are. Often, a 90 deg right turn from the ramp will result in a short taxi to the runway. It helps if you keep your canopy open so you can lean to the sides for better viewing. Don't forget to close it before takeoff, especially withe 109 and I-16.

The game will be very frustrating at first and I would suggest stating out on the runway when flying a Quick Mission. The following link has some very useful tutorials:

https://m.youtube.com/user/RequiemBoS

If the link doesn't work just search for 'Requiem IL2 BOS'

Pip, pip,
Conky

=CfC=Woof

Thanks, Conky.  You the cat's pants...

I'v got deja vue all over me...