Any Good Skinning Tutorials

Started by 5./JG27Farber, October 18, 2010, 06:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5./JG27Farber

Does anyone know of any good skinning tutorials or have any tips?

Many thanks in advance.

Farber.
Black 1
Rudolf Farber

=CfC=Fitz

I must say that I am personally rubbish at skinning, though Doc, Bounder and Bluey all seem to have a talent for it.

There are a couple of guides on M4T and the Ubi forums though....

pip pip,

Fitz

=CfC=Doc

Here is a link to video tutorials on M4T.
Simmers Paint Shop has several useful tutorials. It also offers a large amount of resources like templates, decals, fonts and colour palettes.

The main question is: do you want to customise existing skins or templates for personal use or do you want to create new templates from scratch? In the first case, a lot can be achieved by clever use of layers, copying, pasting or removing elements you like or dislike. If you want to create your own work, you'll need to be much more familiar with the functions your editing software offers you. Once you know your tools, trail and error is the name of the game. Do you have a certain goal in mind? I might be able to give some more specific advice if you share it!

5./JG27Farber

Not really, we just wanted to add some simple personalised details.  For exasmple I wanted to add a black and white lightning bolt from the front canopy corners to underneath the nose...
Black 1
Rudolf Farber

Treiber

For my Bf 109s, I would like yellow rudders, and yellow spinners, with black spirals on them if possible.  And i would like jaws too, like vpmedia's skin here: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads2&file=details&id=1786
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.