HSFX Auto Updater

Started by =CfC=BlueDog, November 27, 2014, 05:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=BlueDog

Blundered through downloading and installing HSFX 7.02 onto 1946 4.12.2.   Now I see on the 242 SQN website that I need an update to 7.03; but this can only be done through their Auto Updater program.

Have downloaded this, and started the install but it won't complete the installation and gives me the following message:

"Setup has detected that this computer does not meet the requirements to install this software.   The following blocking issues must be resolved before you can instal Microsoft Visual C++ x86 Redistributable setup software package."

To be resolved:

"A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ x86 Redistributable  has been detected on the machine".

I have found an MV C++ 2013 in programs - whatever that means or does (oer doesn't).

No idea what this is all about or how to resolve it; and for one reason or another I can't log into the 242 Squadron forum to ask there.

So, I'm asking all you clever chappies......... :-*

=CfC=Father Ted

Not sure what to say Bluey (just writing this to show you're not being ignored!)  In searching for Microsoft Visual C++ x86 Redistributable on my PC I clicked on the setup for the prog and got the same message - but I have autoupdater installed and working...

CFC_Conky

Hi Bluey,

You've probably already tried this, but have you rebooted your machine after installing HSFX? I'm assuming you installed it on a clean version of 4.12.2.

I would also ask how to fix it on the M4T forum, there is an HSFX section there.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=BlueDog

Quote(just writing this to show you're not being ignored!)

Thanks Ted, just wiping the tears from my eyes.

Ta Conky - followed your advice and have asked on M4T forum.

=CfC=Woof

I got the same secret message, Bluey, but in purple prose.  I treated it with the usual contempt and everything is working fine except it's still bloody 702.  So I'm never playing IL2 again.  That'll show them.  :-*

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=BlueDog

I just knew you'd have a suitably technical solution to my suitably technical problem, Woof.   Thanks. ;D

CFC_Conky

Ok, I had the same problem and a quick look on the 242 Sq website says this is normal, if you get this message just hit 'close'. You should still get the 'updater installed successfully' message. Go to your HSFX directory and double-click the exe file for the updater. The JSGME window should appear after a few seconds; this too is normal, the updater is closing down all mods then doing the actual update which could take a while.

That's the theory anyhow...

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

CFC_Conky

HSFX has updated successfully to version 7.03 although it took the better part of six hours to do it. when you execute the updater, the JSGME window will pop up which will show no mods activated. This is normal, the updater turns them off. It will then download the patch and start the update; you'll get a small dialog box showing update progress.

Pip, pip,
Conky

=CfC=BlueDog

Glad yours worked, Conky. :)   Mine didn't. >:(

Will give it another go, though - after I've sorted out the ewes! :P   

=CfC=Woof

Quote from: =CfC=BlueDog on November 28, 2014, 09:24:05 PM
Glad yours worked, Conky. :)   Mine didn't. >:(

Will give it another go, though - after I've sorted out the ewes! :P   

Don't forget your half-Wellingtons, Bluey...

:-*

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=BlueDog

Ewes sorted.

Tried again and it works! (the updater, that is) ;D

Thanks Conky.