It's out.

Started by CFC_Conky, October 22, 2014, 08:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC_Conky

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Father Ted

Kind of anti-climactic, nyet?  The feeling with these early-access thingies is that everything'll be sorted out "when it's released".  Yesterday it was alpha, today it's gold (correct jargon?), but it's the same game.

Having said that, I think I'll now make some effort to get into it.  Up til now, I've not felt the urge because I've known that things will change on a week-to-week basis.

=CfC=Bounder

A disc at last......

http://www.excalibur-publishing.com/games/il-2-sturmovik-battle-stalingrad/

Will try it when I have unpacked in the spring.

Bounder ;D

=CfC=Father Ted

It'll be worth the wait Bounder.  As I said above I've not really felt "settled" in the sim til now, but just had a quick flip (having down-loaded and assigned controls) and it is lovely.  Much like RoF (unsurprisingly) it is fun just to fly around.  Obviously there will be a lot of guff spouted about the relative FMs, but the sim gives a great feeling of flight IMO and I think that's 90% of its purpose.  It could be technically spot-on in terms of climb-rates and turning radii, but if it doesn't look and feel like you're moving through the air, then to me its pointless.

CFC_Conky

Hello all,

For sim being marketing to novice simmers, I have no idea how they'll manage to keep the kites in the air without a full horas setup. That said, I'll probably be letting killed online by some kid with an xbox controller in no time  :D

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Badgerton Smedly

Ted, if there aren't flame wars with regards to the FMs in the next couple of days I'll demand my money back!! :)

Looking to get into it all shortly.

=CfC=Father Ted

Quote from: Badgerton Smedly on October 27, 2014, 06:39:20 PM
Looking to get into it all shortly.

What, the flames wars or the sim?

Badgerton Smedly

Only the sim I'm afraid. I'll leave the flaming to the chaps who have the most reliable authentic data and have actually flown and tested all the aircraft in the game, in real life.  ;D

=CfC=Father Ted

So I've had a quick dabble and am still impressed, but I feel like I'm a noob again.  Four quick missions, four quick deaths, no enemies so much as slightly discomfited. So - a resolution.  I'm going to try to do this properly, ie learn to fly then (try) to learn to fight.

CFC_Conky

Good show Ted!

I think you'll find that one of the biggest challenges is not wrecking your engine  :D, we've been spoiled up until now...

Pip, pip,
Conky