Hello

Started by Nocke, October 08, 2014, 09:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nocke

Hi everybody,

Just registered here a minute ago and would like to introduce myself a little. I am 55 years old now, flying Il2 for almost 10 years now, but not everyday, something like a flight every 2 days. Far from beeing an ace, but not a rookie either.
My english is a little rusty, and I hope you will be able to tolerate my heavy german accent on teamspeak :)
I am really glad to have found a group of people flying together but not taking things too seriously, looking forward to have some serious fun :)

Well, for the moment, it seems I have to get UP3 - off for it.

=CfC=Fitz

Nice to meet you Nocke.

We seem to be doing well in Germany this month! I think you are the third recruit from Germany recently. It sounds like you'll fit right in, we all enjoy flying together for some fun without taking ourselves too seriously.

We have a few people from around the globe including Dutch, American and Australian so one more accent shouldn't be a problem. Judging by your written english, you don't seem that rusty at it  :)

Please let us know if you have any problems and we'll see what we can do for you.

pip pip,

Fitz

=CfC=Father Ted

Hi Nocke!

Welcome aboard.  Our next scheduled time for us to fly is Sunday (12th Oct).  We usually start logging in at 19.30 BST (GMT +1)  There's generally a bit of free-for-all dogfighting and then we fly a co-op mission vs AI.

As Fitz said, feel free to ask about anything to do with UP3 installation.  Probably best on TS, but post on here if you'd rather.

Looking forward to seeing you in the virtual skies

Ted

John Cartwright

Hello old chap; you will have fun flying with this lot.
Hals und Beinbruch! :)

"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

CFC_Conky

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Father Ted

After the technical difficulties I hope that you enjoyed yourself this evening!  I really admire the fact that you join TS and are prepared to converse in English.  I know it takes an effort and that most of us English-speakers could not communicate in a foreign language to the extent that you can.

Doc and Iceshade ditto.  And Bluedog

=CfC=BlueDog

QuoteAnd Bluedog

Why, thank you, Ted.

=CfC=Woof

Strewth!  I never knew Aussies spoke English.  :-*

I'v got deja vue all over me...

Nocke

Thx a lot for all your warm words :)
Looking forward to flying again with you, and hoping to get a little more used to your accents and get to understand perhaps 50% :)

=CfC=BlueDog

QuoteStrewth!  I never knew Aussies spoke English.

I'm surprised about that Woof, seeing as how you spent a year in the Darlinghurst/Kings Cross area of Sydney.   But then again, you would only have been required to speak "Ho". ;D :o ;D

=CfC=Woof

Goodness me, Bluey!  Did I spill all my little secrets on this forum?   I hope I didn't go into too much detail 'cos some sins are never absolved as me old Gran used to mutter. :-*

I'v got deja vue all over me...