Progress at 60% but introducing the Fw-190-A3

Started by Badgerton Smedly, July 26, 2014, 11:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badgerton Smedly

Gents

The 190 has arrived at Stalingrad.  We managed to get the below secret shots as a couple of examples went on their debut test flights.

If you're going to give it a twirl against them I'd ramp up the experience level to at least Average because the AI isn't really up to much.  I've not tried flying one yet.  Beastly hun crate and all that.

Badger

Badgerton Smedly

Poot poot!

Gents, be aware that flying in mission builder jobby against multi-crew opponents currently causes CTD's. It's a bug that they're working on.

Tally Ho

The Smedly

CFC_Conky

Thanks for the gen Badger old bean, haven't been near my rig in almost two weeks now, wx is too nice!  :D

I'll have a look soon, from what I've read on the forum, the ground handling of the 190 needs a little work as well.

Pip, pip.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC= Silverback

Yep like I said it there (the FW190) handles like an elephant on roller-skates on the ground. In flight it's a lot like a fast, nose-heavy 109G2.

CFC_Conky

Hello all,

Took the 190 for a spin this evening. Ground handling is a bit squirrely but manageable with diff braking. I managed to do a few circuits without ground looping. In the air it's very fast but bleeds energy badly when turning. All in all about what I expected from the kite to be honest. Haven't fought the beast yet but BnZ should be a treat.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Badgerton Smedly

Start up a quick mission in a parked 190 and set the auto pilot on and view externally. It's like watching a prima ballerina. The AI can't get the 190 in the sky.  :D