Standard version.....

Started by John Cartwright, May 11, 2014, 12:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Cartwright

.....is being offered again at $54.99 I see. Juist lacking the FW190 (which wasn't in service there anyway) and the LA5 as against the Premium version nearly twice the price.
Not so much the cost difference, more the fact as whether it will run on my somewhat antiquated kit. Might give it a punt at that price.
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC= Ax

If you can run ROF (free to download and try), then you'll have little problems running this.

CFC_Conky

Hello Chaps,

i wonder if the BoS winter map might be a little gentler on older systems since there are far fewer colors to render.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

John Cartwright

Yes Axiom, I can run RoF on medium settings o.k. for SP, thanks, but very low frame rates online.
Unfortunately, we seem to be the only exchange in the 'Fast B/band for Worcestershire'  scheme that is not getting an upgrade. Chizz.

Badgerton Smedly

Tally Ho BalDaddy Old Spoon

To be honest, if you're concerned about performance of the game on your rig I'd wait for a bit if I were you.  I don't know what features are going to be added during beta, but what you don't want is to shell out cash at this stage and then find that the further features will load up the CPU or GPU work and make it unplayable for you.  The alpha version has been lauded as quite smooth, but it is rather raw and will be enhanced. 

I'll keep an eye on the forum and report back on the experiences of users with varying system specs as the beta versions are released.

Badger

John Cartwright

Thanks Smedders Old Stick, for the gen. Will be upgrading later this year if all goes to plan just about the time the full version is scheduled which will fit in nicely.