Update

Started by =CfC=Father Ted, April 21, 2014, 07:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Father Ted

This forum section was looking a little forlorn, so I thought I'd post something...

Today sees the release of a major update for this game.  It features an APC for each side (in Stalingrad), several new maps and a new game mode (something about bombs I think)

For full info, see hear http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=98908

CFC_Conky

Hi FT,

Haven't played that one yet, but any game update is usually good news.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC= Ax

Played for a pair of hours on this one, and it's different to most arcadey type FPS out there. Looking forward to the update.

=CfC=Father Ted

Quote from: Axion on April 22, 2014, 09:37:17 AM
.... it's different to most arcadey type FPS out there....

It is that!  Always takes me quite a while to find my feet - if I overcome the urge to rage quit after dying 15 times in the first ten minutes without seeing an enemy soldier then I find that I get quite into it, and even score a few points.

I usually fall back to my comfort zone of Darkest Hour - generally bigger maps and more scope for manouevre - but I do sometimes get into a sesh of RO2.  Fitz and I used to play a fair bit until PS2 became the FPS du jour.

John Cartwright

for chaps that don't have it, I quote:
"Yes, Free! By navigating to
http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/
and downloading the game tomorrow after the promotion starts and before it ends (the promotion will last 24 hours), the game will be free to keep forever!"
Doesn't seem to have started yet though. Someone posted 18.00 GMT kick-off
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

CFC_Conky

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Gizmo

Going to give it a whirl thanks.

Mak

Will give it a try, Thanks

=CfC= Ax

That's another hour and half spent on this game. By jove, it's hard! Last game -  3 kills to 24 deaths!

Gizmo

Single player / raw recruit / first mission / 3 deaths / squad kapoot / mission failed / didn't see the enemy.

Bout right with me and FPS games  :D

=CfC= Ax

You should try MP Gizmo, whereby every single duck, dive or charge is met with a bullet to the head whilst your squad leader is shouting - get moving, push forward you maggots!

It's fun and almost terrifying at times.

=CfC=Father Ted

Look out for me on Steam tomorrow eve,  Ax - I'll try to get on

=CfC= Ax

Cool Ted, I'll be watching.