Team Fusion 4.00

Started by =CfC=BlueDog, October 17, 2013, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=BlueDog

=CfC=BlueDog

Had a quick fly last night.   Not bad, not bad at all.   I could be seduced - but what's new about that!

CFC_Conky

Hey Bluey,

Let us know how it works out, it might make CoD worth a try.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC= Ax

For me, it's a noticeably smoother experience in my opinion.

=CfC=Father Ted

Sorry for the necro here, but I've just recently had another go at this (4.312).  Ignoramus that I am, I won't try to discuss the fidelity of the FMs, but more how it works as something to play.

TF have made the scenery MUCH better.  Flying high and looking down on the summery English countryside is very atmospheric.  The only real quibble is that horizon is fudged out.  The contrails are fun to watch, but the "canopy glints" are a bit weird, as are the tracers.  I could do without the radio chatter and still need to fine tune TIR so that I'm not lurching about the cockpit quite so much.

I had a trundle around in a Hurribus "full switch" and I did enjoy the engine management aspect, though I suspect this is more fun in SP when the pressure isn't on.

All-in-all I can see myself spending a few hours in this, especially as I always get an urge to fly the BoB at this time of year.

=CfC= Binks

I've never been seduced into purchasing CoD because of all the negative press, but this looks as if it may be worth a punt.

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

=CfC=Bounder

Mmmmmm!

Well I never thought they would get it sorted!

As I have never been seduced by a solid object (DVD I assume) I might be tempted.

Can one of you give a brief write up as to how to get this? Do you have to advertise yourself on a dating website or can you just buy the DVD and patch it?

Bounder ;D

PS. Many thanks for posting Bluey

cjwebster

Easiest way for me to get it would be on steam for 10 euros. Does the TF patch run on the latest update?

I'm hopeful since the player reviews on the steam store are singing it's praises (once the TF patch is applied)!

I have to say it's a beautiful looking sim now!
"Oh... that looked important."

=CfC=Father Ted

Mine is a Steam copy, and I patched with the "official" patches as they came out, so I guess the current Steam release would work.  I'm afraid I don't know about the non-Steam version Bounder.  I don't see a problem in buying through Steam myself, but that's a different argument...

If and when you get it, go here:http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711 and follow instructions.  Easy peasy.

As with any fairly complicated flightsim, you will have to be prepared to set up graphics, key bindings, axes, and so on, but there's definitely 10 Euros' worth of entertainment there.  I haven't ventured online.  There's only one server, but it is usually full (>50 players).  However, I suspect all those players have been with the game for years, so it'll be pretty brutal for a newbie.

cjwebster

OK well it's worth a go then at that price
"Oh... that looked important."

=CfC= Ax

Just for info - even the DVD version installs into Steam. Didn't come across any issues installing TF patches.

=CfC=Bounder

I think it is unlikely that I will boil a kettle to get a flight sim! It is all a bit beyond me I think.....but if I find the ability to apply the patches to the original DVD I could be tempted. I believe they sell for around £30.

Judging by indications of where I shall be living in UK, I will get about 2-3MBS and I don't really think that the kettle will boil at those speeds.

Thanks chaps for you input......it is all in the "in tray".

Bounder :-\