Known Bugs & the latest on them from 1C

Started by Badgerton Smedly, April 01, 2011, 12:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=BlueDog

Axes recovered.  Antho thingie has been off - just one of those things - just BD playing around with things he did not understand.

Badgerton Smedly

In the subject of controls I was tinkering over the Channel last night, as one does, and whilst the 109 and 110's throttles function adequately through the old X52, the spit and Hurricanes do not.  Then again I couldn't land becuase my gear wouldn't come down....

Lot's of work still to do....   :(

=CfC=BlueDog

Quotebecuase my gear wouldn't come down....

Did you think of contacting Matron?

=CfC=BlueDog

More on controller settings for CH owners: the sim is much more enjoyable/flyable with the right settings.   I'm still working at it, but find the following is fairly close.   You will need to address settings in both COD/options/controls/axis and CH Control manager.

Try these:

Aileron:  50 in-game; CH CM set X axis gain (little graph) one click/unit up

Elevator:  40 in-game; CM Y axis gain one click up

Rudder:   30 in-game.

Any feedback appreciated.

Badgerton Smedly

That sounds great Bluey... I just want my radiator to open and my gear to come down....

Yes, I raised my gear issue with Matron and she just prescribed me a dose of cod liver oil and a Guinness enema.  Why she had to administer both preparations dress as Boudicca I don't know.... roll on October 1940.  :(

5./JG27Farber

I am glad that I wasnt the only one having massive problems with the set up, I was beginning to think it was me.  Took me two and a half hours to get mine right!  I also had to change the set up Ive been flying with for two years!

Im sure it'll all come right eventually.

Is the gear in a spit or hurri electric at this time?  If not you'll have to hold the key instead of just pressing it.  Also some controls cant be set to a wheel - like the landing flaps in a 109, however the elevator trim can be  ???

Ive just about got the hang of prop pitch and its nice to learn something new, if anyone has any tips that would be great!
Black 1
Rudolf Farber

Badgerton Smedly

After switching on then off the anthropomorphic controls all my controls and expected responses are now working!  Huzzar â€" this means I can land!  It doesn’t however stop me getting confused over the Channel and then heading for France getting in the circuit and landing....  must get to grips with the Hurricane and Spits bloody compass....  >:(

Getting past the fact that it’s all a bit new, the general format is looking much better.  Time to launch in the complex engine and heat management format.  :o

I’ve managed to not get shot down in the quick missions thus far.  I’ve picked up some holes, but have 2 G50’s a Do17 and a 109-E3 on the card.  Lot’s of ‘damaged’ etc â€" need some cannons.  Only saw 1 G50 and the Do17 go down and picked the rest up on the mission stats, so it’s 2 kills and 2 probables thus far!  Bravo!!  Will bring the gun harmonisation in to ~220M I think and mix the ammunition up (all configurable).

I’ll post some film this weekend, hopefully ending with me landing in England....  :-[

=CfC=Father Ted

Encouraging news, Badger!  I may have to upgrade my intention (from possible to probable) to buy a copy for my new machine...

Ted

Badgerton Smedly

As you may have seen on the 1C site, Luthier release an interim patch in an attempt to solve some of the immediate performance issues.  It was a mirror sourced patch and not one provided by Steam.

Initial indications are that it's not done that much in improving the performance thus far.  I'll have a tinker tonight and report back.

Badger

=CfC=BlueDog

QuoteI'll have a tinker tonight and report back.

And perhaps a tailor tomorrow night and a candlestick maker the night after?

Poot-poot

Badgerton Smedly

Bluey, that was just obscene - wait till I tell Matron!  :o

=CfC=BlueDog

QuoteAlso some controls cant be set to a wheel - like the landing flaps in a 109,

Farber, do you have any problem selecting flaps in the 109?   My keybindings for this are default (F:flaps up; V:flaps down) yet when selecting flaps for the 109 I just get the message flaps neutral, flaps closed (or words to that effect).   No movement on the flaps, even on the ground with engine on and no other controls operating.   Works OK for Spit & Hurry.

=CfC= Silverback

BlueDog to use the flaps on the 109 you have to hold the key down continusly until the flaps are in the correct position.

=CfC=BlueDog

5./JG27Farber

SB beat me to it...  There are a few keys like that.  Dont flaps only have two positions in the hurricane and spitfire? - Using the flick of a lever?  The 109's are on a great big wheel.  Apparently this was for realism, soret of like the anthro doo dar but unavoidable.
Black 1
Rudolf Farber