IL2: Battle of Stalingrad

Started by =CfC=Father Ted, July 02, 2013, 10:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Father Ted

Just a heads up to anyone who isn't aware of this place: http://forum.il2sturmovik.net/.  The most interesting sub-forum is "Developer Diary" under "General Discussion".  I'm pretty optimistic about this, I have to say.

Badgerton Smedly

A good spot Ted. I've been follow their progress and it looks structured and measured. I still think we're looking at early to mid 2014 however.

=CfC=Woof

Thanks for following up on this, Ted.

I'v got deja vue all over me...

John Cartwright

Watching with cautious optimism after the disappointment of You-Know-What :)
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC=Father Ted

Big news: http://il2sturmovik.com/.  Despite having been burned a couple of times before with pre-orders, I am feeling my resolve starting to weaken...

John Cartwright

90 dollars pre-order price?!  :o

=CfC=Father Ted

Another bulletin from the Ostfront.  Worth watching if you've a spare half hour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SVjClyeXMY&feature=player_embedded

=CfC= Ax

Rather hasty I know, but I've succomed and placed a preorder.

Hopefully it will fair better than Cliffs of Dissapointment?

=CfC= Binks

Moving from CLOD to BOS sounds like a step in the right direction.

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

=CfC=Bounder

Interesting slant they took on this first release......classic a/c test...take her up...stall it...spin it....buy the farm!

I actually find that very encouraging. Clearly the designers are happy with the aerodynamic modelling which will be absolutely essential to success.

A very long way off though I suspect....but I think we can look forward to something rather special.

Bounder :)

=CfC= Ax

Very encouraging me thinks. They know the past, they know the current, they look to the future. Good luck to them I say.

Tally Ho!

CFC_Conky

Quote from: Axion on August 16, 2013, 06:28:21 PM
Rather hasty I know, but I've succomed and placed a preorder.

Hopefully it will fair better than Cliffs of Dissapointment?

Cliffs of Disappointment - Good one Axion!  :D :D :D
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Badgerton Smedly

The whole BOS delivery appears to be filling all the holes that CoD left gaping wide, so let's wait and see. I've acquired the premium edition with early access too, so possibly those who have can report back here?

Looking forward giving the Hun the stout end of a sturgeon, trousers down!!

John Cartwright

'Cliffs of Disappoinment' best CLOD title parody ever!! :)

Let us hope that Battle of Stalingrad doesn't earn the name of 'Bag o' Sh!t' :)

Badgerton Smedly

They seem to be giving Bag Of Stalingrad a fair bet of structure and attention but the proof will be in the pudding. Not long to wait for the early release edition (autumn, this year I think).

Start seasoning your wallets for the new aircraft and addons! The RoG sale will never feel the same again!! :)

The good thing is that the developer logs state that the rig specs will be similar to RoF which is spiffy news too. I just want functional menus and settings that are persisted when save once :)

I'll poke around on Clod till it's ready ;)