I am an idiot - please help!

Started by Tinkerbell, March 13, 2013, 09:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinkerbell

Firstly - I'm a civil engineer so I only understand dirt (probably explains my attraction to it when attempting to fly).  As such - please make sure all reply's contain small words :)

1/ I have version 4.10 - is this the right one? [IL2-1946]
2/ do I need port forwarding (or whatever it's called) where I set up a static IP for the computer?
2a/ I can do the static IP thingy with the router and my computer but if someone can link to an idiot's guide to setup the rest I'd be much obliged
3/ Is the IP for the server the same as the one on the other thread? [does someone mind confirming it so I'm not trying to search for the wrong server]

Notes: at the moment, I've tried goint into 'join multiplayer game' and then entered the IP and hit search - it just said searching and stayed that way.  I had some dinner and it was still searching so I hit cancel.  Not to be dissuaded by Einstein's theories about the definition of madness, I then tried it again - with the same results.  Unperturbed, in the finest traditions of the Brittish, I turned the computer off and on again and had another go.  Then I gave up, fought the computer, lost badly and went to bed.

On a positive note - I managed to get teamspeak working and I'm going to try to convince the boss to let me go shopping for a mic on the weekend :) so I may soon be soothing your ears with the dulcite tones of my nasally antipodean strine.
I'm a rubbish pilot - just thought you should know...

=CfC=Father Ted

I'll see what I can do:

1)  We use version 4.10.1 modded with Ultra Pack 3 Release Candidate 4 (UP3.0 RC4).  You'll need to patch 4.10 up to 4.10.1 and then install the mod.   If you don't do that you won't be able to join.  I'll leave the explanation of mod installation to Bounder

2) I think you only need to port forward if you intend to host.  If you want to do it, here's a guide:http://portforward.com/

3) yep, that's the correct address

You'll only be able to connect to the server when it's on, ie when Fitz has it running.  And if you don't have UP3.0 RC4 then you'll get booted out (but you'll know you have the right server).

=CfC=Fitz

Hi Tinkerbell,

Don't worry, IL2 can be a pain to get set up but is fine when you finally get it there.

First off, patch your game to 4.10.1:

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=8528.0

Then make a two copies of your clean 4.10.1 install. It just copy and pastes like a normal file so you can make as many copies as you like.

Install UP3 on one copy:

http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=4

You are now pretty much ready to rock. I host the server on my local machine so it is only up when we fly. Tuedays, Thursdays and Sundays from 1930 UK local time.

On the second copy, install 4.11 so that you have the latest version of the current game. If you can't get the mods to work, we'll fly vanilla 4.11 until you get up to speed.

Let us know if you have any problems and we'll walk you through it in more detail.

Also as Ted mentioned, you only need to worry about port forwarding if you're hosting. Also if you get a mic, it may be easier for one of us to talk you through it on TS.

Hope you get sorted soon and be prepared for a sudden outbreak of Chuffy's Widow Syndrome from the Boss.........

pip pip,

Fitz

=CfC=BlueDog

QuoteOn a positive note - I managed to get teamspeak working and I'm going to try to convince the boss to let me go shopping for a mic on the weekend Smiley so I may soon be soothing your ears with the dulcite tones of my nasally antipodean strine.

At last..........finally there willl be someone on Teamspeak that I'll be able to understand!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Nothing wrong with 'nasally'............'sinusy' perhaps, but not 'nasally'.

Anyway, what's a good Aussie lad doing in the UK?   The place is chokkers with Poms! ;D ;D ;D

CFC_Conky

Quote from: =CfC=BlueDog on March 14, 2013, 08:09:19 AM
QuoteOn a positive note - I managed to get teamspeak working and I'm going to try to convince the boss to let me go shopping for a mic on the weekend Smiley so I may soon be soothing your ears with the dulcite tones of my nasally antipodean strine.

At last..........finally there willl be someone on Teamspeak that I'll be able to understand!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Nothing wrong with 'nasally'............'sinusy' perhaps, but not 'nasally'.

Anyway, what's a good Aussie lad doing in the UK?   The place is chokkers with Poms! ;D ;D ;D

Parole hearing?  :D
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.