HurricaneMk1aT CfC skin uploaded

Started by =CfC=Bounder, August 27, 2010, 02:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Bounder

I have uploaded to the Dropbox a CfC (CH) desert skin for the Hurricane Mk1A Tropic. You will find it in :-

Dropbox/Chuffysheroes/Skins/CfC_Desert_Skins/HurricaneMk1T_CfC_Blank

You will need to add your individual letter/logo/flashes to personalize it.

In addition, the folder for the HurricaneMkIaT version of the Hurricane is missing from the UP 2.01 installation.

You will need to add a folder to the skins folder named “HurricaneMkIaT” and place any new skin here or you will not be able to select it from the QMB or in the upcoming missions.

Bounder ;D

Corrected as per Binks post below

=CfC= Binks

Thanks Bounder,

hope you don't mind, but I took the 'B' registration, as I see that you have chosen the 'N'. Let me know if you would like it back.

Incidentally, I couldn't access the skin direct in the drop box and had to use the online link. (But maybe mine is full).

Cheers.

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

=CfC=Bounder

Hi Binks old man.....don't know why you could not access the skin....it is showing up in my Dropbox OK.

A while back on the old website we had a list of Squadron letters for each of the chaps....but it seems to have evaporated for the time being.

Although "B" was Badger's old designation, I know he would be delighted to let you fly his old crate (until he returns) as it needs some cobwebs shaken out. If I remember correctly it suffered from low oil pressure, glycol leaks, fuel leaks, overheating and a tendency to fly left wing low; but as you are aware, all of these are the norm with a Hurricane Mk1A running in desert temperatures.

Go for it!

Bounder ;D

=CfC= Binks

Splendid,

I'll give the crate back to Badger upon his return, with Banana sandwich ration installed in greaseproof paper. Meanwhile, Wilkins can valet and polish mine!

Cheers.

HE Lord Binks.

CFC_Conky

Watch out for the asps and scorpions that have taken up residence in it! :D
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Woof

Hey Bounder, I've copied and pasted your hurri skin from the drop box into a new folder (HurricaneMark1aT) in skins v2.01 but the skin does not show up in QMB.  Only default.
All  previous skins from drop box have worked okay.
Any thoughts? 

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC= Binks

I'm having the same problem as Woof. I can put it into other Hurri folders, but it doesn't work in the 1aT file. (Neither do any of the others).

Any clues?

HE Lord Binks.

=CfC=Bounder

The name of the skin folder must be identical to the one in the air.ini file. If you copy the name of the file from my first post above it will work.

It looks like you did not name it correctly i.e Woof's post above .......HurricaneMark1aT

It must read:-

HurricaneMkIaT

No spaces....just exactly as above.

Bounder ;D

Corrected as per Binks post below

=CfC= Binks

Hi chaps,

got it, it's as Bounder says, but change the "1" to a capital "I". In the air ini, numerals are not used for the Hurricane mk's,
but capital letter "I" s.

Thanks Bounder.

HE Lord Binks.

=CfC=Bounder

Dear oh dear....."I wondered if you would spot that one Wilson....errr Binks!"

Glad you sorted it.

I have placed RAF/USSAF fonts in Dropbox if you have not got them.

Bounder :-[

=CfC=Woof

Thanks B and B.  I'm saved from idiocy once again...

I'v got deja vue all over me...