Hello

Started by Tinkerbell, March 08, 2013, 07:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinkerbell

Hello all - just wanted to say hello (pronounced with the propper english clip of 'hullo' of course) and introduce myself.

I'm an enthusiastic if incompetent pilot who's played the ai for a while but never tried on-line.  You seem like a merry band of chaps and if you can excuse an interloping antipodean collonial stealing your tea in the mess then I'm in!

I truly don't know if my copy of IL2 even works on line - it is a hacked together backup copy (I lost the origional disk in the move from Australia to England as our gear got caught in the Toowoomba floods as we moved 2 years ago).  So if you don't see me online immediately - its because I'm installing a new more official copy :).  Also - my dog ate my headphones (actually, just the mic part) so I won't be on TS immediately either  ;D.  My wife did let me buy a new joystick though so I'm good to go  :D

Now, where's that matron I've heard so much about - I feel like we've got some things to talk about...
I'm a rubbish pilot - just thought you should know...

=CfC=Fitz

Shhhh!!! Don't mention matron, she has excellent hearing!! I think she's already caught your scent...

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine, but I don't think they serve tea in the mess. In fact I don't think they serve anything under 40% proof. Just watch out for Wilkins home distilled 'Whiskey' we're pretty sure it's just antifreeze.

Do you happen to know what version of the game you have? If you don't know off hand, it will show in the bottom left corner of the loading screen. It will most likely be 4.xx something.

Feel free to hop on teamspeak anyway as at the very least you'll be able to get a feel for the squad and hear what's going on.

pip pip,

Fitz

=CfC=Woof

My God!  Anyone who calls himself Tinkerbell has a place in my heart!  Anytime you want to borrow my purple pumps or pink purse just give me a holler.

Too bad you're from OZ though but I guess we can't have everything.  Well, actually the others can't but I can.

Anyway, Tinkerbell...how I love saying that...welcome to the Circus.  And may I borrow your copy of Tip Toe Through the Tulips sometime?

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=Father Ted

Come fly with us Tinkerbell!  Online IL2 is what the internet was invented for -  and no better place to do it than CFC.  Flying with and against  humans (or at least Chuffolites) is a much richer experience than playing in the sanitized world of the AI.

And don't worry we go easy on  the pastiche banter when we're on TS.

John Cartwright

That's true Ted old stick, nothing sanitary about the Chuffingtons.
Welcome and hope to see you online at some stage Tinkers. Tuesdays is a general melee where Fitz shoots everybody down a lot whilst the older members (e.g. me) are wittering on about chickens, pets,  the weather and the good old days and therefore not watching our six.
Thursdays and Sunday usually Conky and Bounder construct some spiffing and challenging missions for us, which you will find the briefing for in 'Upcoming missions' section on this board, which we fly as a team against the Hun and assorted other Johnny foreigners. Great fun, but I have to go and have a little lie down afterwards.

Membership ranges from 18 to 80 odd, and a variety of nationalities; so an interesting bunch to 'fly' with methinks.'
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

bb

Howdy Tinkerbell! There may be levels of incompetence you have not encountered... clownish even!

=CfC=Bounder

Welcome aboard "Ding-a-Ling"............as you have heard....apart from a couple of Chaps who can fly inverted through the hangar deck of Illustrious we tend to have a sense of humour about our failings as stick operators.

Hope you manage to get your prog. up to UP3 RC4 spec. Just post in the technical section if you have issues and we may be able to help.

Bounder ;D

CFC_Conky

Quote from: =CfC=Bounder on March 12, 2013, 10:06:50 AM
Welcome aboard "Ding-a-Ling"............as you have heard....apart from a couple of Chaps who can fly inverted through the hangar deck of Illustrious we tend to have a sense of humour about our failings as stick operators.

Hope you manage to get your prog. up to UP3 RC4 spec. Just post in the technical section if you have issues and we may be able to help.

Bounder ;D

Chuffy's Flying Circus - The reason the Allies had to produce over 500,000 aircraft during WW2 (according to Wikipedia) ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_production_during_World_War_II#Aircraft
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

John Cartwright

I say chaps, I think we scared Tinkerbell off :(
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC=Woof

Well if he doesn't wear a mankini when he flies it's probably just as well...

I'v got deja vue all over me...

CFC_Conky

Quote from: BalDaddy on March 13, 2013, 08:32:46 AM
I say chaps, I think we scared Tinkerbell off :(

Matron has a way of doing that...
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Tinkerbell

Not at all - not scared, just couldn't get the old girl to work on the weekend (and a bit busy with work this week to sort it out until today - finished Tuesday's shift at 0100 on Wednesday).

I'll post my questions in technical - I think I'm being a bit dense but I couldn't get it to log onto your server.

Never fear, I may be as incompetent with an internet connection as I am with a stick and rudder but I'll get there in the end!

pip pip and all that chaps

see you in technical!
I'm a rubbish pilot - just thought you should know...

=CfC=BlueDog

Welcome, Tinks, old chap, good to have you aboard.   This antipodean flies the Chuffolite Tuesday extravaganza occasionally - the seldomess being due mainly to timezone tyranny.    In southern hemisphere parlance, Tuesday kick-off relates to Wednesday morning; well before 'sparrers'.

Two words of warning:

1.   Matron

2.   Bluey's Fairytales

(yeah, that's more than two)

re the latter, a name like Tinkerbell might make you eligible - check the Officer's Club for previous instances.