Evening Chaps!

Started by Wynthorpe, February 23, 2011, 08:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Fitz

Before you install UP, it's a good idea to make a backup copy of the game. There is a switcher that allows you to swap between vanilla and mods but if it all goes tits up, it's very handy having a backup install.

No need to worry about registry entries, just copy and paste your IL2 folder and it will run quite happily.

Pip pip,

Fitz

Wynthorpe

Ah ok! Will make sure i do that, im downloading via torrent and BT shapes p2p traffic from about 4pm so only getting 30k/bit download speed until around midnight :(

=CfC=Palmtree

In fact, if you have the disk space keep a copy of 4.101 and Up2.01 separately, that way you cover all the bases!
Watch Your Six!

Holder of the largest Bar Tab 1940

CFC_Conky

Please disregard anything said by a certain chap who skulks about the Officer's Mess, begging drinks from all and sundry. I won't mention his name directly but his initials are B.L.U.E.D.O.G.  :D :D :D

Known to also pinch corks from Madame Fifi's wine cellar for his hat, he sort of looks like a homelier version of this ocker  ;D

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Wynthorpe

Enjoyed last night chaps! I officially suck but im sure practice will change that :D

Gizmo

Good to hear old boy,, glad you enjoyed it as well  ;D

=CfC= Silverback

No worries you'll be up to speed in no time at all and welcome to the squadron, hope to see you on Sunday.

Wynthorpe

We are out on Sunday with friends im afraid :(

=CfC=Woof

Real friends would understand if you just explained in a clear, calm voice.  Or failing that, do what I do:  hysterics.

I'v got deja vue all over me...

CFC_Conky

While you Chaps were enjoying yourselves on the 4.10.1 DF map, I was "enjoying" myself on another version of our favourite flight sim: IL2: WTF? OH SHIT! :o

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Paladin

Wynthorpe
                    Fear not!!!!   as long as I am in the server flying a fighter you will never have to be concerned about sucking as it were. My claim to fame while flying a fighter is the ability to come up with new and inventive ways to be shoot down or crash. These chaps are all good sports and at no time has anyone made a comment about my some what dubious flying skills. They may giggle like fiends to themselves but never a discouraging word has been heard. As for this thing with mankinis .....it seems fighter command supplied athletic supporters to all flight crew but unfortunately failed to provide installation instructions. Woof and Gizmos application of said garment were actually not nearly as amusing as Bounders belief it was intended to be worn in such a way as to prevent chafing under his oxygen mask.

Conky:     I thought you said Bluedog wore a ball cap lined with aluminum foil to keep aliens and the government from reading his mind ??? or is that his Sunday go-to-meeting hat ?

Some people are like "slinkies ". They're not really good for anything; but
they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of
stairs.

CFC_Conky

The hat is lined with tin foil! :D

=CfC= Silverback

That's a real cool setup you got their Conky. I asked Mrs Silverback if I could have one too, and she said yes and that it would only cost me half of everything I own. I'm not really sure what she meant by that but it didn't sound good.

=CfC=Fitz

If we all dress in our smartest suits and call you Mr Conky sir, do you think you could sneak us all in as a batch of new recruits?  ;D

Gizmo

What's its armament Conky, enough turrets for all of us ?