Nvidia driver

Started by =CfC=Woof, June 05, 2011, 01:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Woof

Any comments on the latest driver?

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=Bounder

Will try it today Woof. I have a feeling that for IL-2 the new drivers don't do much but it does pay to keep up to date I guess.

Bounder ;D

=CfC=Father Ted

Been meaning to ask, actually Bounder - do you have any probs with the GTX 460?  Mine periodically stutters, prompting a message from Win 7, or locks up completely, necessitating a reboot.  It hasn't yet happened in IL2 or other games I play (even CloD!), but seems to be mostly caused by web-browsing (IE8 or Chrome)  I hoped the new driver would fix this but it hasn't.

Ted

=CfC=Bounder

When I first researched the 460 there were some reports on the forums about stutters, but I have had no problems at all. I believe that IE9 is available for Windows 7 and may cure your problem.

Unfortunately the support for XP is starting to wane and IE 9 is not available for XP.

Bounder :-\

=CfC= Silverback

Twin 460 GTXs in my home rig with Windows 7 no stutter problems here. Also I have heard the Nvidia drivers are no help for good old IL-2.

Badgerton Smedly

Quote from: =CfC= Silverback on June 07, 2011, 05:33:43 PM
Twin 460 GTXs in my home rig with Windows 7 no stutter problems here. Also I have heard the Nvidia drivers are no help for good old IL-2.

The new driver is said to help CoD SLI Silverback.  It enables the cards to work but the game is not specifically optimised as yet.  Nana Forrum chappies are reporting better FPS results. To an extent I share these, but,  and I feel silly saying this, but I on high GC settings over London I get ~40 generally looking around and up and ~60 if I look at the ground i.e. at the buildings of London.  Should be the other way around methinks.   ???

Not sure of their stability on a single card Woof, but it's stable enough on the two.

Toodles

Badger

=CfC=Woof

I'v got deja vue all over me...