UP 3.0 exe problems

Started by =CfC= Binks, May 28, 2011, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC= Binks

What ho chaps, having a few issues here with the new UP 3.0.
Downloaded, (eventually) and installed into my game folder that already had SAS 3.04b installed, which had been working fine working fine.Then installed the SAS FBDSM.

Once all finished, the .exe selector on the desktop screen would only launch 4.101 stock, and SAS Modact 3.
The other two options also tried to launch 4.101, and froze up at 95%. (Had the JSGME selector set with UP 3.0 enabled)

Checked the JSGME folder, and found that the exe file inside, was set to 4.101, so reset it to UP 3.0, and hey presto, Desktop selector now launches UP 3.0, and SAS modact 3.0, but the other two also try to launch UP 3.0. JSGME selector also set to UP 3.0 enable.
Disabled all options in the JSGME selector, and nothing works. Went back to the exe file in the JSGME folder, and reset it to 4.101 stock, but it still launches UP 3.0. So, in short, I can launch UP 3.0 and SAS Modact 3 from the selector, when the UP 3.0 is enabled in the JSGME, but cannot launch Stock 4.101, or Classic Mods, either with, or without the UP 3.0 selected in the JSGME.

Bet you're not half as confused as I am!

Have checked the downloads with Hash calc, and all fine. Have also posted a similar message on the Ultrapack troubleshooting board, but no response as yet. Any ideas anyone? It's very close, so I don't want to have to do a complete reinstall.

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

=CfC=Woof

I prefer my nuns habit free, but despite that, here's a link that may help, Your E:

http://chuffysflyingcircus.net/cfcforum/index.php?topic=530.0

Unless of course you've already read, and inwardly digested, Bounder's good stuff.

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=Bounder

There have been a few issues with SAS 3.04 Beta. I have been running SAS 3.02 with no problems and placed UP3.0 over that. I think there is a thread on the SAS forum about un-installing 3.04B.

UP3.0 comes with it's own version of the SAS switcher as you know, so may be wise to use 3.02 which I believe is more or less what the UP version is.

If all fails, it would be worth starting from scratch with a clean 4.101.

There are I'm afraid a lot of bugs as this is an RC issue (Basically a "Release Candidate" means it has been put out to test and let the community report the bugs). I have spent about 8 hours trying to convert the 4.10.1 desert DF to UP3.0 and have given up! It is easier to start with a blank sheet on one of the new maps!

With luck, a tail wind and favourable tide, I might get one DF map to work by next Thursday!

Bounder ;D

=CfC= Binks

Thanks Bounder. After many hours of trial and error, I've done a full reinstall from 4.07 upwards.
Part of the problem I believe, is that I originally did an online  d/load of 1946, and it came with something called a Boonty box, which is one hell of a pain to get rid of, and still keep the sim running. I couldn't upgrade from 4.08 to 4.09 without changing the Il2core.dll, the Il2core4.dll the mg_snd.dll and the mg_snd_sse.dll back to the 4.08 versions.
Once I had done that, everything went sweetly, and I have the UP 3.0 working fine with the 3.02 SAS.

Took a whole day to figure out the problem, but looks as if it's worth it.
Cheers  ;D

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

=CfC=Bounder

....and all this time I thought that a "Boonty Box" was something BD used to describe something that Matron owned!

Ah well,,,,,live and learn.

Bounder ;D

PS
Well done and look forward to seeing you flying again. I'm hoping we will run a DF next Thursday using UP3.

John Cartwright

AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!! Boonty Box! Kill it! KILL IT DEAD!!! >:(
Thought that thing had gorn to a well deserved grave. Caused all sorts of problems a few years back if I recall correctly.

Don't 'spose anyone has missed me; [pouty-faced emoticon]. Had connection problems; not easy sorting it out on a crackly line to some geezer in Mumbai with a very strong accent, after pressing about 20 'select options' BT, doncha luv em?
Ended up being very colonoial and shouting;
'WE DON'T NEED TO GO THROUGH YOUR INTERMINABLE SCRIPTED PROCEDURES! I KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS IT'S THE WIND AND WATER GETTING IN THE EXTERNAL JUNCTION BOX!!'
Only way to get through to Jonny Foreigner, who responded with:

'Please not to be distressing yourself and panicking Mr. Cartwright.'

:)

Anyroadup, have succesfully d/ld the UP3 wotsit (took 15 hours with many connections lost. Thank Bog for BitTorrent :) will this be compatible online with you chaps without all the other thingummies?
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC=Bounder

BD1,

With the switcher that comes with UP3 you should be able to select 4.10.1 or UP 3.0 to cover Sundays/Tuesdays and Thursday for UP3.

All the mods are already included in the UP3.0 package so before you launch decide on which version you need. The UP3 mod must be disabled in JSGME before you select "stock 4.10.1" in the switcher.

From reading the forums it is also preferable to have the advanced settings "on" for UP3.0 with the RAM set at 512 or 1024 (std. IL-2 is only 128) and the 4GB box ticked.

Bounder ;D

=CfC=Woof

Bounder, Master of All Help...I need some more.  I d/led your QMB missions into UP3.0 and although some of them work okay, in the CfCUP3_DesertM I'm getting a mission loading failure notice:  Mesh  3do/humans/paratroopers/Russian/mono sim not created.  I get the same mission with CfCItaly and CfC Online 3S.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

John Cartwright

I say Bounder old chap, thanks for the advice

=CfC=Woof

Quote from: =CfC=Woof on May 31, 2011, 03:47:07 PM
Bounder, Master of All Help...I need some more.  I d/led your QMB missions into UP3.0 and although some of them work okay, in the CfCUP3_DesertM I'm getting a mission loading failure notice:  Mesh  3do/humans/paratroopers/Russian/mono sim not created.  I get the same mission with CfCItaly and CfC Online 3S.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Bounder, as usual, you came up with the goodies.  Tex Comp =2 and Tex ARB = 1 solved the problem.  Many, many thanks, Whizzo!

=CfC=Bounder

Glad it worked Woof.

We will be flying the Channel map on Thursday and it is quite possible that some of you will have loading problems with this map. Even those of you with super machinery may have to make the changes to your confi.ini (Open GL section):-

TexCompress=2
TexFlags.TexCompressARBExt=1

Bounder ;D

John Cartwright

Good grief....as you may of noticed I couldn't join last night, loading froze at 90% and I didn't want to disrupt your game for help as I'd joined late. Been scouring other forums for fix, and it was here all the time :)

=CfC=Fitz

Hi BD, you should have popped on comms as we could have got you up an running! I was trying to type the likely problem in game chat but it seems you logged off before you had a chance to read it each time.

pip pip,

Fitz

John Cartwright

Thanks Fitz and chaps, but I thought there is nothing worse than someone pleading for advice on comms when one is trying to give Jerry a thrashing! :)
Couldn't of joined anyway....dog we had put to sleep recently left a legacy; obviously she had been lying under my desk again and had managed to disconnect rudder pedals, so HOTAS had reverted to ID2 and Nostromo pad made things go haywire so had to re-do controls again.
Miss the dog, but not her thievery and destructive tendancies.