Changes to DF maps with 4.10.1

Started by =CfC=Bounder, February 18, 2011, 10:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Bounder

The new patch 4.10.1 for flying on Sundays and Tuesdays has brought about a significant change to some of our DF maps.

All “free standing” airfields (created and not present on the map) can now feature ground spawning. This will make our Desert/Italy online/MTO maps much more realistic as the air spawning is now history.

It has led to a couple of minor issues:-
- Although I have made two requests at 1C regarding spawning points for the new invisible runways…they are not answering. The likelihood is that it will be in “line astern” at the runway threshold. I have modified all the bases to reflect this and it will lead to problems if it is line abreast (6-8 players line abreast requires a very wide area). Unfortunately, we won’t find out until Sunday evening!
- In view of the above, there will be a possible “friendly aircraft” incident if someone spawns just as one of their compatriots is landing. To help with this, and assuming the spawning is in “line astern”, I have offset the white runway ”T” at each threshold so that not only does it always reflect the direction of spawning a/c taking-off, but if you line-up with it for landing, you have a good chance of missing a spawning aircraft as they will be close to the left side (see picture below). If you elect to land from the other direction over the white bars, (no “T”) these are offset also and a spawning a/c should pass down your “right” side if you align over the middle of the bars on finals.
- Chocks will always be engaged when you spawn at a "free standing" airfield
- When the next UP issue arrives with MDS 1.2, the spawning positions will be selectable from within FMB.

It may take a little tweaking over the next couple of weeks to get these airfields working at their best, but they all check out OK in testing.

Rumour has it that Mdme. Fifi has bought a well known Chianti producing estate and bottling plant near Oristano on the Italy map. It is apparent that in recent times she has done rather well in organising parties for influential people in that part of the world! The estate has a  16C castle surrounded by a moat, complete with two large bottling plants and a very flat airfield….however it is only 350yds long! At the end of the runway is a Church with open gates leading to a cemetery with plenty of vacant space for those who are unable to perform! Judging by the abundance of tombstones, this has been a popular destination for those seeking solace or peace.

All the new 4.10.1 DF missions will be in the Dropbox/Bounder Missions/Ver4.10.1/CfC_DF_410_1_xxxxxx(date) folder by midday Sunday if you would like to have a fly around. (Copy this folder into your new 4.10.1 installation in Missions/Net/dogfight) and chose any mission to have a fly around in multiplayer mode. If you have your 4.10.1 as part of a JSGME mod in UP 2.01, you can place the folder into this installation, then select “only” the “00_stock_410.1” entry into the right side of JSGME, load and fly in the normal way.

Bounder ;D

=CfC=Father Ted

As always great work Bounder, but I for one will miss those neon strips which made navigation to a home base a simple affair.

I hate to cast aspersions, but I have to doubt Mme Fifi's business nous if she keeps on establishing her premises by such small strips.  Or perhaps her command of English slang has slipped and she misunderstood when some pilot suggested that such locations would provide a plentiful supply of stiffs?

Ted