Massive Assistance Required!!!!!

Started by sadsack324, July 16, 2011, 08:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sadsack324

G'day Chaps,
                   Experiencing "Heavy turbulence and thick cloud" at the moment. ??? I've installed my Track IR but for the life of me I can't seem to get the profile and direction of view sorted out? ::) Is there anyone that has the patience ( of a saint) ;D ;D and time to assist me with setting up this software/hardware? :-* :-* I've read all the instructions, tried different angles but I can't get it to work properly! I've downloaded the latest and correct version etc.

I'm running win 7, 64 bit O/S, Direct X 11, plenty of hard drive space left. The thing is telling me it's installed correctly but I must admit - this is a totally new concept for me. :o :o Have tried to get the "bloody" thing working but admit total and utter confusion??????? ::) ::)

Can't seem to get a hold of "Bluey" any one of you gentlemen have the time to help??? :-* :-*

Cheers,

SS. ???

=CfC=Father Ted

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&op=show&kid=384

Hi Sadsack.  Can't provide any direct assistance as I'm a cheapskate who uses FreeTrack, but the above link seems pretty comprehensive.  Hope you get it working so we can see back in the virtual skies real soon!

Ted

=CfC=BlueDog

Can you be a bit more specific about the problem?

Could be something simple like needing to centralize the view; but we can't help without a better description of what you're seeing.

I'll probably be around tomorrow (Sunday) arvo so we can probably try to sort it out over Skype.   I'll email you in the morning.

5./JG27Farber

Look directly at the centre of the screen and press F12.
Dont forget to smile because it takes a picture aswell.

You did Download the software from natural point didnt you?  THEN AFTER you install the software you plug in the camera.

Positioning of the camera is important.  If you are using the hat, it must be high enough to still see the sensors when you look up.  It should also be far enough away, about an arms legth is fine.

Remove an objects in the back ground which are highly relfective, I had problems with a hi vis jacket I hung on a fan behind me.  I moved the jacket, when I figured it out, and for the metallic fan to start doing it aswell!  Also bare lght bulbs can blind the camera.  The rising or setting sun can also blind the camera.

Welcome to the TrackIR club.
Black 1
Rudolf Farber

sadsack324

RE: My Track Ir issues,
                                  A big thanks to Farber, ;) Father Ted, ;) and Bluey ;) for your input. Bluey, OK mate re: tomorrow arvo. ;) Will look in my email's inbox. :)

Cheers and Thanks,

SS.