My flaps, amongst other things, sag somewhat

Started by =CfC=Woof, October 20, 2010, 09:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Woof

You've all heard me whining about the flaps coming down despite being selected up.  All sorts of kind suggestions have been made, for which many thanks.  So, just to throw another dead fish into the kettle, the flaps operate perfectly off line.  The same airplanes that on-line can't keep their flaps up with rubber bands and baling wire  are just fine off line.  So that kind of shifts the blame from the magic flap switch, doesn't it?  Same situation in modded and non vanilla.
No names, but would it be His Excellency Lord Binks sending flap death rays over the internet?  I'm stunned, simply stunned.
All ideas gratefully appreciated as are long walks in the rain, on the beach etc.

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=Bounder

If you used a "push to talk key" that would be the answer...but you don't!

Do you use any other keys online that you don't when offline?

Open your IL-2 and press the Hardware set-up button and then look to see that you only have one key assigned for flaps up and one for down. These should be the only ones assigned in your CH software also. Sometimes you can get two keys in the settings. It's just a thought!

Bounder ;D

=CfC=Woof

Quote from: =CfC=Bounder on October 20, 2010, 10:48:11 PM
If you used a "push to talk key" that would be the answer...but you don't!

Actually I do use "push to talk" now, but I had the problem before I switched.

Do you use any other keys online that you don't when offline?

No

Open your IL-2 and press the Hardware set-up button and then look to see that you only have one key assigned for flaps up and one for down. These should be the only ones assigned in your CH software also. Sometimes you can get two keys in the settings. It's just a thought!

This may be the answer.  In the assigned controls I had a "space bar" as a secondary on "Flaps down".   

Thanks again for knowing it all, Bounder.

Bounder ;D

I'v got deja vue all over me...