Squadron Skin ID marks

Started by =CfC=Bounder, November 20, 2010, 12:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Bounder

With the increasing interest in personal skins and markings on our machinery it seems time to generate a full vocabulary of current Squadron members and their ID marks.

Below is the list based on previous ID's.

There have been a few changes over the past year in that letters held for chaps that are on the MIA list or join us rarely will I’m sure not mind if their old letters are issued to current and active members.

Please therefore feel free to request any changes to the list below so that we can now keep a current and updated list for all members.

As you are aware, individual letters and numbers are based on the RAF (letter ID) and USAAF (number ID) system and dependant on the sequence of your alphabetical letter.

When creating a skin we have usually used the letters “CH” for Squadron markings on RAF machinery.In addition, every Squadron member has a colour assigned to his/her (got to be politically correct!) ID so that spinners and wing flashes may help identify his aircraft. Here then is the list which I would appreciate all you chaps expressing your preferences and updates together with corrections which I will make when you add to the thread.

Personal Squadron ID marks:-

Binks                                 B               2               Green
Conky                               C               3               Yellow
Blue Dog                           D               4               Dark Blue
Fitz                                    F               6               Red
Gizmo                               G               7               Black
Sable                                L              12              Light Blue
Bounder (Nicholaiovitch)  N              14               White
Palmtree                           P              16               Move
Doc (Quixote)                   Q              17              Orange
Silverback                         S              19              Silver grey
Father Ted                       T               20              Purple (Ecuminical)
Woof                                W              23              Pink

Please post any errors or requests so that the list can be updated.

Bounder ;D

=CfC=Fitz

=CfC=Woof

Now that WidowMaker seems to be on permanent leave I'd like to snarf up W.  (The Ivor Novello joke takes 3 pages to explain).
And I'd like to claim glorious Bloomer Pink as my aircraft adornment.
Woof

I'v got deja vue all over me...

Gizmo

=CfC=Bounder

Thanks chaps....the following edits:-

Woof get's a pink "W"!
Gizmo get's the little black number!

Do you both wear leather thigh boots and carry whips?

Bounder ;D

Gizmo

Only on flying nights, the boots match my corset.

=CfC=Woof

I'd like to, but I can't find thigh highs in Bloomer Pink.   And another problem most of you wouldn't have:  when I carry my whip in the top of my boots the handle tickles me armpit.

I'v got deja vue all over me...

CFC_Conky

Well done Bounder!

During our df sessions however, I'd like to revert to my favourite number, 13.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Father Ted

Sorry, only just spotted that this has any relevance to me!  Since black and white (for dog-collar) are taken, I'd like purple - though I'll have to hope my old "mate" Len Brennan doesn't spot me wearing it

Ted

=CfC=Palmtree

Hi Ted,

Actually Palmtree was Purple, but happy to relinquish it if you wish.

We are running out of rainbow!!!  :o
Watch Your Six!

Holder of the largest Bar Tab 1940

=CfC=Fitz

Well Bluey and Sable use Dark and light Blue respectively. We may be able to work something out here as well. Is Ecuminical purple light or dark purple I wonder......

pip pip,

Fitz

=CfC=Bounder

Here are a couple of examples of how Palmtree and Father Ted might look with Move and Purple.

Do you think these shades are OK? Remember that Woof has pink also.

As long as you have your own nose-art I think it should be OK.

If you want to copy the shades/nose-art/skin, I can place them in the Dropbox. I didn't assign the correct letter but you can do this on the menu screen.

Bounder ;D

=CfC=Palmtree

Spiffing Bounder.  :)

Fine by me if Father Ted is ok with it.

Cheers

Pt
Watch Your Six!

Holder of the largest Bar Tab 1940

=CfC=Father Ted

Yes, looks good to me - many thanks Bounder.  Sorry to cause confusion in the ranks - I didn't notice that purple was for Palmtree.  I have to display my ignorance once more and ask about the nose-art - how does one go about creating it and then using it in-game?  I was also fiddling about in the pilots' skins (as it were) - can you just edit those in MS Paint and then load them up?

Yours in the infinite search for (IL2) enlightenment

Ted

=CfC=Bounder

I have worked a little more on the two shades of move and purple and I think you will find that they are now far enough apart to distinguish.

The two skins are uploaded to the Dropbox in the Skins/MustangIII_259-pav folder. You can copy the colours with the colour picking tool for any new skins if you wish.

Additionally, I have uploaded the two logos I used for you both (in the "logo" folder) as PNG files so that when you add a layer, they will appear over the top and display the background colours. These are just examples of what you can get from the net (free) and I'm sure you will find better ones to use.

Ted.......skinning will probably get you a divorce! it is the most frustrating of applications....but once you have learnt the basics you can work wonders with family photos and score numerous brownie points! (remove beer paunch etc.!)

Many progs are available but what I suggest is that you download Paint.net as it is free and enables you to work with layers which is necessary (MS Paint cannot work with layers). There are numerous YouTube tutorials you can use to get you going with Paint.net

It is also easier to use other peoples skins and add appropriate decals as the art of skinning from scratch is an "art"!

Bounder :)