New effects mod in Dropbox

Started by CFC_Conky, August 29, 2011, 02:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC_Conky

Hey SB, where do you put this mod?

Thanks,
Conky

P.S. I couldn't get the P-47N to work either, 70% CTD.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC= Silverback

Their is a read me for the effects mod but just put the files folder in your #UP# folder and discard the rest. As for the 47N you need the different FM mod to make it work in UP but should drop right into DBW, don't forget the "air" entry. Could you put the 47N mod (in it's zip format) in the drop box. I can't download from mediafire.

CFC_Conky

Hey SB,

The files are uploading now. There are three of them, one is the for the P-47, the 3do file is a patch for it and there is a template for skinning.

Let me know if the thing works for you, and how you did it ;D.

Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC= Silverback

Thanks man and did you get the effects mod to work?

CFC_Conky

I'll try it today, I didn't see the readme file at first, I have it now...and a new document reader as well since my computer doesn't do .odt files.

...At least until today  :D

See ya,
Conky

=CfC= Silverback

I got the the P-47N to work in DBW. The file structure was all wrong (too deep). This is how I did it. After unzipping both folders to desktop add the new 3DO folder to the _air_P-47N-15 101tfs V2 folder, then place  _air_P-47N-15 101tfs V2 and the _0_Krumple P47D40 weapon classes folders into your DBW folder. Add the air entry and enjoy your new P-47N-15. One more thing. To use this airplane in HSFX you must have the Different FM mod also.

CFC_Conky

Thanks SB,

Where do you put the Diff_FM file in HSFX?

Conky

CFC_Conky

P-47N-15 working now, quite a beast! ;D

=CfC= Silverback

Yea and she turns well for a big girl too, looking forward to seeing her in UP. We really need a fast U.S. fighter in the Pacific 1945 time frame (the F8F and late F4U are still a ways off). I couldn't make the N work in HSFX but I'll keep trying.

CFC_Conky

Yup, 300mph+ indicated on the deck and a nice cockpit to enjoy the scenery flying by  ;D.

Most of my offline flying is on DBW now, hopefully the next update of HSFX will include it.

It looks like the aircraft list will be streamlined too by eliminating and/or merging a bunch of the one-off aircraft in the air.ini file, this is a good thing since it will free up slots for new aircraft.

Pip, pip,
Conky