Biplane specific DF Mission

Started by =CfC=Bounder, April 22, 2012, 02:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Bounder

In view of the “Biplane Fetish” that we have all succumbed to at CfC, I thought we needed a DF map to allow fast positioning at less than warp speeds to the centre of the action.(HB’s close together)

As I am very limited in time at the moment, I have utilised our Xmas Hunt map and airfields to adapt to a Blue/Red duelling DF. Below is the result and it will be in the Dropbox today.

Aircraft types are basically all armed bi-planes 1931-1937 with a couple of other types thrown in for “Dual Duels!”.
Aircraft included in approximate order of abilities:-

BLUE                                                                                        RED
HS123 1936                                                          Gladiator Mk1 (Skis) 1937
B534 1937                                                          I-15 Bis 1937 / I-15 Bis (Skis) 1937
CR32 1937                                                          I-16 Type 5 1935 / I-16 Type 5 (Skis) 1937
HE 51 1933                                                          I-15 M-22  1934
HE45 1931 (rear gunner)                                    IAR P11 1936
R-5 (Skis) 1931
S328 1936 (Dual)                                                PZL 23B (Dual) 1936
                                                                            Swordfish (Dual) 1936
TB3-17 1933 (Multi)                                          TB3017 1933 (Multi)

If this proves OK, I will build a summer version to go with it.

The DF mission suffers from the “Season/time bug” and needs to be the second mission loaded from booting IL-2 or you will find yourself in afternoon light instead of early evening light.

Bounder ;D

CFC_Conky

Nice!

...Except for the skis... ;D

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Bounder

That is an interesting question Conky.

If anyone can tell the difference in FM from flying the Gladiator Mk1 with/without skis, could you let me know.

After our biplane bash on the 1940 Channel map I got the impression that the Gladiator MkII was more than a match for the Hs123, so I thought I would throw the Gladiator MkI up against it. What I did not realise is that on the Slovakia winter map, Wilkins automatically and without consultation bolts skis on! So give it a try in QMB and see if the FM is different.

You could also try the versions of the I-15 and I-16 and see if they have different FM's with skis.

Bounder ;D

CFC_Conky

Hi Bounder,

I haven't tried the Gladiator on skis yet but based on past experience with your past Slovakia missions, I would say the performance of the I-16 is definitely reduced when dragging the lumber around. That said, its still a cool mission, if you'll excuse the pun  ;)

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Palmtree

I think what Conky is trying to say is......he prefers his skis strapped to his feet!    :D
Watch Your Six!

Holder of the largest Bar Tab 1940

=CfC=Bounder

And all this time I was looking for a machine with a snowboard strapped to it!

I have built a summer version of the mission and uploaded it to the Dropbox. It's in the UP3 DF folder with today's date.

And there I was thinking it was just a matter of changing the map....three hours later.......I have scraped all the snow off the buildings, changed all static a/c with skis to wheels and dressed all the military in summer uniforms. Only thing I did not have to change was the clothing worn by Fifi's "girls" as there was nothing to change!

Bounder ;D

PS.  Like the winter mission, you need to load the mission twice to get the correct time of day.