Mdme. Fifi's opens in the Marianas!

Started by =CfC=Bounder, May 19, 2011, 06:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Bounder

Having waited several months for a delivery of Penicillin, Mdme Fifi has finally opened her establishment in the Marianas.

It is located on the West coast of the Island of Tinian some 7km. north of the Red bomber base. The runway is particularly short but suitable for carrier borne machines with a threshold speed around 80mph. All other punters need to bring a full set of spanners/spares.

New "QMB" missions for 4.10.1 are available for the "CFCMarianas" set of missions in the Dropbox so that you can fly into the new Airstrip from the QMB. "If you are familiar with the installation of QMB missions, just replace the "CFCMarianas" file in your installation with the new file held in the latest folder "Bounder Missions/CfC Quick Missions03_410.1/CfCQuickMissions_4.10.1.

If you are not familiar with installing QMB missions, please read the "Readme" guide in the folder.

Bounder ;D

CFC_Conky

Hi Bounder,

I've been visiting Fifi's. So far I've made it in in the following a/c:

F4F 1st attempt

A6M 1 out of 2 attempts

F6F 1 out of 2 attempts

J2M 1 out of 2 attempts

Still working on the KI-100...0 for 2 so far.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Bounder

Well done Conky.....The Corsair and P51 are the hardest ....I think! Have not tried a Betty yet.

Bounder ;D

=CfC=Father Ted

Quote from: CfC_Conky on May 20, 2011, 07:42:11 AM
Hi Bounder,

I've been visiting Fifi's. So far I've made it in in the following a/c...

Conky - surely the important gen is whether or not you managed to get out again

CFC_Conky

Just barely Ted!

Further to my last, I forgot to mention that I did manage to land the Seafire on the second try.

So far the easiest has been the Wildcat, hardest the J2M although the KI-100 is a pain, it has the best instrument layout but only fair visibility out the cockpit and somewhat fragile landing gear.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC= Silverback

Thanks Bounder. Just landed my KI100 and that's a lot of beer, I might  need a little help.

CFC_Conky

Made it!

Mustang

Corsair

Got in with the Mustang on the second try, it was actually a bit easier than I feared.

The Corsair has very bouncy landing gear and has a terrible tendency to nose over when applying the brakes.

In the end, I found setting up a constant deceleration rate on final that has the aircraft basically stall over the threshold is about the only way to do it with the faster/heavier aircraft.

=CfC=Bounder

Errr.......Fifi has just published a NOTAM:-

Class1 200511
Le Airstrip Tinian Fifi:-
Due to the sound of large radials outside the disco interfering with the music, the runway will be shortened  by moving the washing line used by "Les Girls" to the back of the main accommodation block. You are advised that some corsets contain whale bone that may severely damage propellers.
RW06 reduced from 350m to 300m. Caution knickers on roll-out.

Bounder ;D

Great pics. Conky....glad you are all giving it a try. UP 3.0 with two aboard a B17 will be a laugh!

CFC_Conky

I do have a question about the missions. Are there supposed to be any ai aircraft? I seem to be the only one on the map when I play them through the QMB.

Pip, pip,
Conky

CFC_Conky

Piece of cake!

Actually, the easiest of the bunch.

=CfC=Bounder

Quote from: CfC_Conky on May 20, 2011, 11:46:08 PM
I do have a question about the missions. Are there supposed to be any ai aircraft? I seem to be the only one on the map when I play them through the QMB.

Pip, pip,
Conky

- Are you setting up flights of AI through the QMB panel? Up to 32 a/c can be selected on the panel.
- If you fly the "None" missions, your AI opposition will appear if you follow the waypoints (fly straight ahead) for approx. 1-2 minutes at the selected altitudes you have chosen.
- The scramble missions will have the selected AI attacking the airfield within 1-2 minutes after T/O if you follow the wpts.
- The Airbase missions require you to select AI opposition that will T/O from the airbase you are attacking within 1-2 minutes.

If you are spawning in a "None" mission and immediately turn away from the waypoints to land at Mdme. Fifi's, it may take several minutes for the AI to find you, and they may just follow their wpts. through to landing.

Bounder ;D

CFC_Conky

CFC_Conky

CFC_Conky

The last two...

P.S. Landed the KI-100 also.

=CfC= Silverback

Cool next week we can try the the KI44.