First use of 4.10 online

Started by =CfC=Bounder, December 29, 2010, 10:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Bounder

Well it appears that there are a few bugs in 4.10 as we found out last night. (plenty reported in the forums)

Since it will take a long while (I think) to get a patch to fix things......this is where we are at:-

- The major issue last night was the grahic problem with the new runway (Test runway 5). Since all invisible runways show up in red during mission building, I believe this will remain an issue in all missions built using free standing airstrips and invisible runways. Worst affected CfC DF missions that will be affected are therefore the "CfC_DesertOnline" , "CfC_ItalyOnline" and "CfC_MTO" missions. In addition, all of Madame Fifi's airstrips on all maps are affected.
- The building of MDS co-op missions in 4.10 should be OK as we always use dedicated airfields. This will allow Palmtree and Conky to build co-ops in the MDS method using HB's to spawn on, have moving objects and be able to re-spawn when dead.

To summarize:-

- The current DF missions that will not work in 4.10 are the ones where we air spawn from a free standing airstrip…..CfC_Desert and CfC_Italy .
- I will modify all the other 4.10 DF missions and will have to remove all the Madame Fifi airfields! (alternative is to fly 4.09)
- We can use the new MDS function in 4.10 to build new type Co-ops spawning at HB’s instead of standard co-ops. These missions are created and saved  as “dogfight” missions instead of in the “coop” section of Net missions. The only restriction is that you must use a dedicated and map included airstrip for the HB’s.

I hope that is clear as mud!

Bounder ::)

=CfC=Father Ted

Admirably clear, Bounder!  Just to point out to those who weren't there, the Italy map "worked" in terms of us being able to play.  There was a "cosmetic" issue with the runways appearing as glowing red rectangles.  As far as I remember the only other real issue was the the one BD had with his controls.

Of course more experienced chappies may have detedted subtle nuances in the FMs etc.

BTW I'm not trying to contradict you, Bounder, just saying that all is not doom and gloom on the 4.10 front!

=CfC=Father Ted

The sad irony here is that while all and sundry were bemoaning the changes effected by 4.10 I was having my best night so far...One hing I really like about it is the ability to re-calibrate your joystick in-game.  I often find that if I am desperately trying to avoid enemies or the ground when I die, the attitude I left my stick in when the inevitable happens becomes default when I respawn, resulting in very hard to fly planes.

=CfC= Binks

NHo real problems with 4.10 here, I just couldn't get the hang of the F2 because I rarely fly them. Jolly good fun chaps.

Cheers

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......