Rudder Pedals - Are They Worth It?

Started by Chuffy, July 28, 2010, 02:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuffy

Damn them all!!  >:(

My delivery date has now been pushed back to 5th - 9th August.  Oh well, twisty rudder stick tomorrow evening as usual!

Chuffy

=CfC=Woof

That's too bad, but at least you'll be with us.

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=BlueDog

Jolly good show, Chuffy old fruit.   You certainly won't regret the purchase.  

Which begs the question:

"How many pedals would a pedal peddler peddle if a pedal peddler could peddle pedals?"

And regarding Conky's assertion that real men use hat switches (instead of TrackIR) - they'll probably need a matching handbag to go with their hat (switch) ;D.

CFC_Conky

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Chuffy

Grrr!  I just received an email from Amazon telling me that due to high demand for Saitek pedals, there is a delay of 1 week to their warehouse.  I wished I'd gone for the Ebay option now.  The only reason I didn't was if there is was something wrong with them , it would be easier to send back to Amazon rather than an Ebay seller.

Chuffy

CFC_Conky

I was poking around an electronic market in Hong kong today and saw a Saitek G40 stick, throttle and pedals for $300usd. Not a bad price, but I haven't read many good reviews about the thing so no go. I did pick up a MS Sidewinder X4 keyboard, up to 18 programmable keys and/or macros. Auto-detection of game profiles on game startup and it's backlit, so I can play without waking Mrs Conky...as long as I don't pound on the keys like Binks does! :D

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Woof

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC= Binks

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

CFC_Conky

Heh, heh,

Unfortunately, due to space limitations, my desktop computer is in the master bedroom. not an issue for our online stuff because of the hour but it can be problematic when I'm in the middle of mission building/testing, which is actually a lot more time consuming.

Chuffy

Blimey!  The saga of purchasing these rudder pedals continues!!  I ended up cancelling my order with Amazon Marketplace as the seller, ADMI,  could not guarantee a delivery.  So, I went to Ebay and bought a set from a seller called AWD-IT.  So far, so good.  However, I received an email today telling me that they couldn't guarantee a delivery date either.  I looked a bit closer at the email and discovered that AWD-IT is the same company as ADMI!!  So I cancelled that order as well!!

So, today I ended up going to the Flightstore who confirmed they have them in stock and I ended up buying a set from them.  I paid a bit more than I would have done but at least I know they will be delivered.

After all this hassle, this bit of kit had better be worth it!

Pip Pip,

Chuffy

=CfC=Bounder

Great news!

If you only get brakes on one pedal:-

- Open your "Users" file and then the current "Pilot name" file. Look down the entries until you see the lines below and add the second "Brakes" line as shown.

[HotKey move]
AXE_RX JoystickDevice0=trimrudder
AXE_RY JoystickDevice0=trimelevator
AXE_RZ JoystickDevice1=rudder
AXE_U JoystickDevice0=pitch
AXE_X JoystickDevice1=brakes
AXE_Y JoystickDevice1=brakes       (add this line)
AXE_X JoystickDevice0=aileron
AXE_Y JoystickDevice0=elevator
AXE_Z JoystickDevice0=-power

- After saving, you will need to make this file "read only" as otherwise the line disappear.
- Run IL2- JoyControl and set your rudder and braking sensitivity.

Hope it works OK.

Bounder ;D

Chuffy

Hooray!  The pedals were delivered today!  Now all I have to do is set them up when I get home this evening before tonights DF session!

=CfC=Fitz

Splendid! Looking forward to seeing you this evening Chuffy

pip pip,

Fitz