Nice P-51 Pic

Started by CFC_Conky, June 29, 2011, 08:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC_Conky

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Father Ted

Tis a nice shot.  I've a seen P51 over my house a couple of times recently.  To far off to see exactly which Mk, but it was kitted out in D-Day stripes.

Badgerton Smedly

Quote from: =CfC=Father Ted on June 29, 2011, 08:37:43 PM
Tis a nice shot.  I've a seen P51 over my house a couple of times recently.  To far off to see exactly which Mk, but it was kitted out in D-Day stripes.

That was probably Woof out on a jaunt.  :)

=CfC=Woof

If the D Day stripes were pink and purple, then yes, that was me, Badger.

I'v got deja vue all over me...

John Cartwright

Poor geezer, his engine seems to have stopped....nasty amongst all those peaks.

While we are on pics, Mr Smedley may like these taken at local airshow recently, as he obviously has a fondness for SE5s
Apolies for quality, but it was a most awful day weather-wise, decidedly a harry clampers wash-out. Not as bad as Cosford the next day with driving rain and 800ft cloudbase; oh to be in England now that summer is here, what?

"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC=Woof

I love your "harry clampers" BD.  What a pleasure to read.   Ah, the memories.

I'v got deja vue all over me...

Badgerton Smedly

Excellent pic BalD!

I'm currently taking the SE5 up and about in RoF, hence the sig picture.  I must admit that I'd feel safer in a Cessna....  ;D

=CfC=Bounder

Many moons ago........I went to Middle Wallop to see a replica SE5 that was stored in the hangar and was for sale......I ended up buyng a replica Hawker Fury instead and spent many years in the 90's flying around the UK in it.......it was registered G-BEER....an excellent character set but I painted it in 43 Squadron markings and I'm delighted to see that 15 years later the old girl is still flying around looking pretty good......

see here:-  http://www.abpic.co.uk/search.php?q=G-BEER&u=reg

Bounder ;D

Badgerton Smedly

She looks splendid Bounder!!  ;D ;D

=CfC=Father Ted

Quote from: Badgerton Smedly on July 01, 2011, 08:44:43 AM
I'd feel safer in a Cessna....  ;D

You don't work in advertising do you, Badger?