Cliffs of Dover release date (month) announced!

Started by Badgerton Smedly, January 18, 2011, 07:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC_Conky

Tally Ho Badger!

The forums are buzzing at the news! Personally, I will wait a bit for the inevitable bug hunt and the resultant patches. My fingers are crossed that it will run on a mid-range computer.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=BlueDog

Remind me in about 6 weeks time that release is in "two weeks".

Badgerton Smedly

Pootles!

I think that 'March' means the end of march and with the obvious over subscription on preorders, we'll get it sometime in April.  With modern go-live strategies (get your money and fix it later), the patches and bug fixes are the par I think.

They're being a bit secretive at the moment, so I look forward to the details on PC specs and general game format.

I hear you on the PC spec front Conky.  I was waiting for the SoW specs to come out before leaping in, but It's time for me to upgrade for work any way.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it....  ;)

Hmmmm, 128 player dogfights? I may need to borrow some of Fitz's bandwidth.....  :)

Come on Chaps; it's a new engine - replacing the ancient one we currently play on - it looks like we'll get a wind sock to replace matrons bloomers which are currently up the pole - isn't anyone else as excited as me?!?  :D

Any way still a lot more detail to be comunicated by UBI etc.  Do have a look at the 1C forums if you don't already.  Good info and the usual characters who are happy once fault is found.  Very entertaining.  :D

Toodles

Badger

=CfC=BlueDog

Already got a new 'puter and now saving my pension money to buy DVD on day 1.  :)

And it's good to see you pootling around the forum again. 8)   Trust all is tickety-boo with you, Mrs Badger and the young cub.

=CfC=Father Ted

My enthusiasm for this news is moderated by previous experience with "must have" titles.  For me this game is what PCs were invented for - the chance to fly in the Battle of Britain was something I've wanted to do since age dot.  As I've got older I've altered that desire to "the chance to fly in the BoB, - but without the risk of death or horrible maiming".  I always had flight sims on my PC (though now I'm only just starting to learn how to use them).  The first purchase after I acquired the current pooter was Rowan's BoB (contemporary with IL2?) - a rock-hard and ultimately frustrating game.  I didn't get Sturmovik for many years simply because it was not set over the Channel in 1940.

What I'm rambling up to is that a mere PC game can't live up to be the life-changing event I'm expecting it to be (plus I'll probaby be rubbish at it).  That's before I get into the system specs, DRM and multiplayer.

My reasoning is that if I don't go overbaord on the anticipation, then I won't be disappointed

Badgerton Smedly

Ted you're a solid fellow and no mistakes!  UBI and 1C maybe taking this iteration of the product in its own direction and not follow the previous line that people are are expecting e.g. free updates with new aircraft etc. That would jolt the stedfast fan, but if they continue the evolutionary model where they evolve the code and expand on the engine and playability as was done with the previous releases then it should be an enjoyable ride.  It's a niche game, so let's hope they don't spoil it with getting too greedy.

Great to be here Bluey!  I often browse the forum when I'm on the train but the Cub dictates a lot of my evening schedule. I am really enjoying the 'memories' peice!  Hope to see you in skies soon.

I've ordered the Badgertron system which hopefully should accommodate CoD and a few other games I play, for the next few years, but who knows where technology and the marketing types are going eh?  ;)

Toodles

Badger

CFC_Conky

Hello Chaps,

Given time, I'm sure the new sim will be great, I just hope it will run well(ish) on a dual core system like mine (E8500 3Ghz). I fear that at this time, the bacteria and other parasites residing in those newer, faster and better computer systems will cause a mutation of the CWS virus into an incurable strain of this very unpleasant and frightening disease :D

Pip, pip,
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Woof

Quote from: =CfC=Father Ted on January 19, 2011, 12:25:32 PM

My reasoning is that if I don't go overbaord on the anticipation, then I won't be disappointed

Yeah, Papi, but remember that the wanting is always the best part.  :)

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=Bounder

I think my Internet connection at 1mbs (length of copper wire from hub at 4km) will let me down.

Bounder :-\

Badgerton Smedly

You never know Bounder, the 128 player matches may only be playable by the 20MBps chaps in which case there'll be many left out.  Scalable gameplay will be the order of the day! Well, there's always good old IL2:1946 for online and CoD for offline exploits if push comes to shove and this and that!

I'm curious as to what the CoD mission builders will be like? Will they (UBI) sell aircraft? What of the fabled weather systems they were modelling?  Where will they extend from the BoB theatre (as was done with the orignal IL2)?  Exciting stuff!  ;D

Most of all I'm wondering whether the working windsocks will make up for the fact that I've gone from a game that has the possiblilty of choosing the MkIXe Spitfire to one having only the MkII washing machine version.... :D

Bravo!

Badger

CFC_Conky

Actually Badger, it might be refreshing to only have one type of spit to choose from instead of the hordes we have to deal with these days :D.

Pip, pip,
Conky

5./JG27Farber

Now you will feel the full might of the German War Machine!

Maybe 5./JG27 and CFC can have the first ever Sqn V Staffel sortie!

That would be awesome!
Black 1
Rudolf Farber

Badgerton Smedly

Quote from: CfC_Conky on January 19, 2011, 11:00:14 PM
Actually Badger, it might be refreshing to only have one type of spit to choose from instead of the hordes we have to deal with these days :D.

Pip, pip,
Conky

Conky, what are you saying?  I treat the Spitfire like my evening wear: I mix, match and accessorize according to the venue, the weather and the company!  :D

Pleased to meet you Mr Farber.  I look forward to being shot down by you in the future, hopefully over a Kentish pub.  :)

Toodles

Badger

=CfC= Binks

I suffered the very same fate at the hands of JG 27 Badger, and have been recuperating under the ministrations of Doris, the barmaid, for seven weeks. Please feel free to take over, I'm going downhill rapidly!

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......