BOB Dead is Dead short missions

Started by =CfC=Bounder, February 14, 2014, 07:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Bounder

Palmtree mentioned the idea of building a series of short (15-20 minute) missions following on from each other where only RRR would be available and no re-spawn available.

Attached is a template covering most airfields available in the BoB Channel map and somewhat populated. We used it for one of my BoB "open" missions a while back.

It provides a starting point to build some of these missions.

In the MDS section of the FMB, there is a comprehensive selection of parameters to limit re-spawn in both time penalty and complete ban. A time ban can also be assigned a "multiplier" so that numerous "kill events" have accumulating penalties.

Worth a try sometime?

Bounder

CFC_Conky

Funny you should mention this Bounder, I was just thinking about making some shorter missions. Smaller maps make it difficult to build 1:00 ~ 1:15 length missions so I was going to try making a mission as a series of shorter episodes. We could play 2~3 episodes per session.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Father Ted

Good ideas chaps.  As a consumer and (some-time) builder of missions I'm liking the idea of a shorter sortie with just one goal.  After all, that's what most real missions were like.  I suppose the downside is the cost/benefit ratio in terms of time and effort taken to build versus time taken to fly.

Mak

I agree, sounds like fun. As for the effort needed to build the missions, could we use my old Spitfire July 1940 campaign? The luftwaffe fighters already have their fuel load set to give 15-20 mins of combat over our side before they head for home. I could take out the allies, put in a couple of Home Base's and build a Fifi strip. It was Spitfire F1a and Hurricane Mk1a 12lbs against 110 c4's and 109 E's, does that sound about right?
Let me know what you think Chaps.
Mak

John Cartwright

Sounds a spiffing idea Bounder, getting plenty of practice for this in Mak's excellent 1940 campaign
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

Mak

Quote from: =CfC=Bounder on February 14, 2014, 07:40:18 PM

In the MDS section of the FMB, there is a comprehensive selection of parameters to limit re-spawn in both time penalty and complete ban. A time ban can also be assigned a "multiplier" so that numerous "kill events" have accumulating penalties.

Bounder

Hi Bounder
Can you advise me? What parameters do you suggest? Do we want No refly at all or refly allowed if you make it back damadged or bail out? Can that can be set up in MDS?
Thanks
Mak

=CfC=Bounder

I think Palmtree envisaged no re-fly at all if the missions were only 15-20 minutes long. The time parameter could be used if any missions were longer....say a five to ten minute time penalty.

The MDS settings for this are on the "Misc" tab I think.

Bounder