The Baron

Started by =CfC=Bounder, March 06, 2017, 12:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Bounder

1917 video of Baron Von Richtofen....amazing that this is 100 years old. (No sound....just add ooompah music!)

Look for a young and not so fat Goering in the briefing given by the Baron near the beginning (He is the one on the extreme left)

Hope this gets you in the mood for your April bash Ted....... ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIiuyijwKRs

Bounder

=CfC=Father Ted

Thanks Bounder - good find.  I am indeed gearing up for Bloody April...

=CfC=Woof

Good find, Bounder.  Thanks...

I'v got deja vue all over me...

John Cartwright

I noticed in the footage that when MvR removed his cap he had a strange thin strap going over his head; some kind of dressing or protection after his grievous head wound perhaps? Also the aircraft shown wasn't his regular mount, being in standard factory finish, not red. Kurt Wolff met his end in this kite sometime later.
Thanks for posting Bounder, apologies for the nerding :)
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC=Bounder

Quote from: BalDaddy on March 07, 2017, 10:54:51 AM
I noticed in the footage that when MvR removed his cap he had a strange thin strap going over his head; some kind of dressing or protection after his grievous head wound perhaps? Also the aircraft shown wasn't his regular mount, being in standard factory finish, not red. Kurt Wolff met his end in this kite sometime later.

OMG......Thought the video was in B & W ðŸ¤"ðŸ¤"ðŸ¤"......Should have gone to Specsavers?ðŸ¤"

Bounder

=CfC=Father Ted

Quote from: =CfC=Bounder on March 07, 2017, 05:41:54 PM
Quote from: BalDaddy on March 07, 2017, 10:54:51 AM

OMG......Thought the video was in B & W ðŸ¤"ðŸ¤"ðŸ¤"......Should have gone to Specsavers?ðŸ¤"

Bounder

Nah - BD's monochromeblind.  Saved a fortune on TV licences back in the day.

Actually, I'm guessing the serial number gives it away?

John Cartwright

"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940