New Spit in BOS

Started by =CfC=Bounder, July 09, 2017, 11:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Bounder

The new Spitfire V released in BOS seems to fly nicely.......

https://youtu.be/uItpksDhAgQ

Bounder

=CfC=Woof

Nice graphics, too, Bounder.  Thanks for posting.  Are we going to give it another try?

BTW, maybe a little late, Tuesday...

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=Father Ted

Yet to get around to trying her out, but all the forum chat seems positive.  Also chaps, you have to buy/have bought the new module "Battle of Kuban" to get the Spit

@Woof: if and when I get back into flight-simming I'm going to have a proper crack at BoS rather than go back to IL2 46.

=CfC=Woof

Whatcha flying right now, Deadley?

I'v got deja vue all over me...

CFC_Conky

Hi Guys,

Nice to see the Spit finally arrive. Out on the boat for the next ten days so it will have to wait...

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Bounder

Quote from: =CfC=Father Ted on July 09, 2017, 07:49:49 PM
Yet to get around to trying her out, but all the forum chat seems positive.  Also chaps, you have to buy/have bought the new module "Battle of Kuban" to get the Spit

@Woof: if and when I get back into flight-simming I'm going to have a proper crack at BoS rather than go back to IL2 46.

Hmmmm...... didn't realise you had to get BOK to get the Spit.......anyway good to hear from you Ted.....long time no see.
Woof and I have been flying some of my old CfC missions since I have modified them for the SAS version.....currently in Ma!ta.

Yup....we need to give BOS another try....but with basic settings working or we will produce another ballet in the long grassðŸ˜,

I'll be around Tuesday night but not Thursday as we have family arriving.

Bounder

=CfC=Father Ted

Quote from: =CfC=Woof on July 09, 2017, 08:59:41 PM
Whatcha flying right now, Deadley?

A very occasional RoF sortie at the weekends is about it Woof.  I dabble a bit with other games, but most of my PC time (reduced because of the summer) is spent passively - forums, Youtube, Netflix, iPlayer and so on.

=CfC=Bounder

You were sorely missed on Tuesday night Ted......we had just three of us in Malta (four cannon Hurricanes/Beaux) in 1941 just after the Luftwaffe pulled out to the eastern front and up against the RA......but BD's ping went to infinity so Woof and I left heavily outnumbered then wrote the Dunlop's off at Fifi'sðŸ˜,

Bounder

=CfC=Father Ted

Quote from: =CfC=Bounder on July 10, 2017, 09:09:19 AM

Yup....we need to give BOS another try....but with basic settings working or we will produce another ballet in the long grassðŸ˜,

I'm hoping that one of the semi-recent updates has sorted that particular issue.  Apparently in the version that we tried everything was too bouncy and that has now been rectified.  I can report that the Spit is a delight to fly -- as an armchair pilot it's what you'd expect from reading testimony from BoB pilots.

If any of you fancy trying BoS again make sure you update your Nvidia drivers after updating the game.  I didn't initially and got 1FPS in game.