The CfC Christmas Hunt DF 2011

Started by =CfC=Bounder, November 30, 2011, 09:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Bounder

- This year sees another bash of the CfC Christmas Hunt DF mission with new Chaps having had further mountain abodes built into the map.
- In addition, the sad news that "Count Oodlesovdosh" has had to sell his Palace and Airstrip due to plunging stock markets was greeted in the CfC Mess with loud expressions of "I say, damn bad luck" and the passing around of a hat which produced the sum of £100 near enough which the Count has accepted.
- The new Establishment is to be called "The Fitz Country Club, Airstrip and Shooting Lodge". This is now added to our map and will feature in this years hunt.
- For those new to CfC this year, I have adapted a presentation on the rules and format of the hunt as a slide show with accompanying voice-over so that you may come to the Hunt fully prepared and ready to engage in the kill. (Details of download below)
- It is basically a DF mission with only one Army, so the person with the lowest score wins! You do however have to land at the Madame Fifi mountain airstrip with all watching.
- This year we will utilise UP3 to give us some advantages in a/c variation and also airfield selection.
- We will run the mission on any flying night in the run up to Christmas agreed by all.
- In the meantime, you can fly around "Chuffy's Salient" on the DF map to get your bearings, view your personal mountain home and generally have a laugh trying to land at Mdme. Fifi's Airstrip in any machine that grabs your adrenalin.
- Please note that our two founder members "Chuffy" and "Badger" will always have a pad of their own on the map even though they may be MIA at present.

Download:- The Slide Show and Presentation can be obtained here:-

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-e1b00e31.html

(If you do not have Microsoft Powerpoint, please read the "Readme" file and download the free prog. from Microsoft to view the presentation)
Anyone still having problems running this file, let me know and I will produce another format.

The DF Mission:- Available in the Dropbox:-

COPY the file "CfC_DF_UP3_301111" from Bounder Missions/Ver_UP3 and paste into your Missions/Net/dogfight folder to replace the file with earlier date.

Run the mission in Multiplayer/dogfight and create a server then look for this new file and the mission "Slovakia_W_DFXmas2011_UP3"

Let me know if you find any bugs, but please do not ask for any renovations/re-paint of your mountain homes.....the Mess Funds are dry!

Bounder ;D

=CfC= Silverback

Thanks Bounder I'll test it today.

Edit: I can't find the new mission in the drop box. It sucks getting old.

dinosaurJR

I say, gents, how does one access the drop box? I am aware of its existence and even have a rather modest one of my own, but how the devil does one access the Chuffy drop box? (ooh er! ;))
I have always believed that one is as old as one feels... However; I feel practically Cretaceous...

=CfC= Silverback

DJ get with Fitz today for access to the drop box.

dinosaurJR

Rodger, old chap, I shall PM him forthwith.

Many thanks,

dinosaurJR
I have always believed that one is as old as one feels... However; I feel practically Cretaceous...

=CfC=Bounder

You can download the mission direct here:-

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-0db2a00d.html

It should be installed in your UP3 installation under Missions/Net/dogfight/named folder of your choice.

Bounder ;D

dinosaurJR

I say, bounder - excellent slide show! Top notch, old bean, top notch indeed!

But - was that the famous "Pink Spit" at the end there?

CFC_Conky

Hi Bounder,

It looks like the best date for me would be the 22nd. I'll put a fresh coat of wax on the skis!

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Bounder

I'm flying back to the Old Country for Christmas on Wednesday 21st.  so I was hoping to run it on Sunday 18th. or Tuesday 20th. Dec.

How does that fit in with everyone else?

Bounder :-\

=CfC= Binks

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

=CfC=Bounder

Final version of the Christmas Hunt mission is now in the Dropbox. File is "CfC_DF_UP3_061211" that holds the DF mission inside and replaces earlier dated versions. Name of mission is "Slovakia_W_DFXmas2011_UP3" and is for multiplayer/dogfight mode in UP3.

I have extended the "Fitz Hotel Airstrip" so that jets and all types except B29 and Liberators can T/O using the full length (the restriction is due to spawning space) . You can get the Jets into Fifi's also without too much difficulty.

Due to the "Mission time bug" you may need to shut down your prog and re-boot if you find that when you spawn you are in total darkness. You should have dusk lighting and searchlights working also.

Bounder ;D