Red/Blue Won

Started by Mak, March 01, 2014, 08:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mak

What Ho Chaps

I have noticed on Hyperlobby that sometimes they have Mission Objectives, that when compleated creat a message saying Red/Blue Won. Can anyone explain how to set this up in a DogFight Map, please?
The reason I ask is that, inspired by Blue's attemps to sink the carrier last thursday and Red's obvious enjoyment at skillfully foiling them, I thought I'd try to make a DogFight Map including a convoy to destroy/protect.

Mak

=CfC=Bounder

It is a very "iffy" selection Mak. I have uploaded the "MDS_v1.2.pdf" guide to the Dropbox which explains it somewhat.

it is achieved by the "Target" object.

So to protect/destroy an object, you select "Target" from the "Object" menu and then assign the various parameters.

To get it to work, you can only assign one colour to all targets....i.e. if you want to use Blue as the assigned target colour, then you would select "Destroy" as a target for one of the red ships, and "Defend" as a target for one of the Blue ships. You cannot change the target colour to red having first set a Blue target. All targets have to be the same colour or they won't save and work.

I have found this feature to be very "iffy" and usually you get an inappropriate result during a mission. Additionally, the host "Fitz" will always get the opposite indication of a result indicated to all other punters....so if the screen says "Red won", Fitz will get "Blue won". it is probably designed for use with server software and not for peer to peer hosting as we use at CfC.

Having said all that, give it a try! With endless patience you can sometimes get some sort of result.

Bounder :-\

Mak

Thanks Bounder.

I have read part of the manual you posted and experimented with it this morning and the best I can get is Blue Won after destroying one of the five ships in the convoy. My intention was to have Blue destroy all five ships to win and Red to win if the time limit was up with some ships remaining. Tall order I think.
It was just an idea to add a sideshow to a Dogfight Map but it was only meant as a sideshow. I will upload the DogFight Map anyway [DogFight-TobrukConvoy] in case we ever run out of them. Though looking at the dropbox contents that you chaps have built up over the years, I dont think thats likely anytime soon :)
Thanks again for your help Bounder.

Mak

=CfC=Bounder

You can make all the ships in the convoy "Primary Targets" (each individual ship a primary target) which requires all to be sunk to win.

I don't think you can make the time limit "win" unless all "Primary Targets" have been destroyed. Red will win if you reach the time limit and not all the primary targets have been achieved by blue.

Bounder

Mak

That seems to work Bounder. I think what I was doing wrong was 'enable aditional mission objectives in MDS' '5 moving ships'. Then setting the target on each vessel to Hidden. For some reason I got Blue won as I hit the first merchantman. Your way, setting the targets to primary and leaving the MDS Mission Objectives blank works for Blue Won just fine. I set the time out on the targets and if a ship is not sunk by then I get a primary target failed but also Blue Won! I suppose that has something to do with the server issue you mentioned.

Thanks for the assist Bounder

Mak