Ted's red light

Started by Mak, February 07, 2014, 01:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mak

Hi Ted
After going offline yesterday I installed Bf109June1940 part 2 and played mission 1. I got a red fuel light too, on finals. I do sometimes deliberatly cut the fuel load tight on a mission just to spice things up but never on the first one, that would be cruel. [insert evil laugh] My conclusion is that I mucked up, should have been 50% fuel load not 30%. Thanks for the feedback and sorry if it detracted from your enjoyement of the mission.
On another matter, you said that Bf109June1940 part 1 would not play? Can you tell me what version your running please? I'll download it from M4T and try it on mine.
Regards
Mak

=CfC=Father Ted

Thanks for the info Mak.  I should point however that Baldaddy was the one interested in red lights - I'm the klutz who hadn't managed to install the campaign correctly!

John Cartwright

Twas I, not Ted :)
Didn't spoil the enjoyment at all old chap; good to be kept on ones toes. Had nabbed two Moranes and a twin so was low on ammo anyway. As I said, a fine immersive atmosphere you created there.
Problem was with part one it extracted as campaign/de folder, so creating that folder twice. I tried to copy/paste just the 'Bf109' from extracted to desktop but it wouldn't have it. Will download again, perhaps that will sort it
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

Mak

Sorry, got your voices mixed up, High gee turn! heat of battle! one on my six! you know how it is.  :-[
I just deleted my copy of Bf109June1940 [plus the Bf110 version included] and then downloaded it from M4T to desktop. Used 7zip to extract files to my Il2 folder. Seems to have worked. The two folders have appeared in the DE folder ok. Let me know how you get on please.
Regards
Mak

John Cartwright

Superb campaign; up there with  the best I have tried in this theatre.
Weird problem in 'Bf109 part 2, mission 4; Scramble!'. Spawned in the air as a Ju52 in collision with a red fighter. On looking at the arming screen, the highlighted player's plane was the 52. Went into FMB (of which my knowledge is scance) and launched game from there and flew as it should be (very intense and exciting mission that one) taking of in a 109. Strange that. Easily rectified please?

Mak

Hi BD
Did you start the campaign at highest rank? That should have put you in the correct A/C. Its an A/I thing. It usually says 'Choose xx Rank on the startup screen of a campaign, so that mission builders can force the AI to put you in the correct A/C. Ticking the box in FMB on a certain A/C only tells the program what Squadron the player is in. The A/I then places you in the appropriate A/C to your chosen rank. Ticking the 'A/I Only' box is only used for D/F or CoOp missions, and is ignored for Campaigns. I have learned since that it is always best to put the player in a flight of a squadron all of his own, that way the player will at least be in the right place at the right time. Hope this helps.

I set that Ju52 up for a timed collision with the fighter so that it would pass in front of the player coming down in a slow spiral dive, shedding paratroopers and minus one wingtip. Hope that bit worked.

John Cartwright

It worked...with me in it!! :) Didn't realise that rank had an influence. I need a break from leading/management after 30 odd years of it so I selected a lower rank! Will restart as instructed, thanks for speedy reply.
'Gunter! my bath!'

Mak

Your welcome. It was sloppy of me to put that Ju52 in the same squadron as the player. After a year of publishing Campaigns with less than half a dozen short reviews in return, it realy is good to get some feedback, and hopefully will mean less mistakes on the next one.

John Cartwright

't was sloppy of me to put that Ju52 in the same squadron as the player'
Eastern Front for you then Kamerad! :)

Mak

Hope you like flying the Yak then ;D

CFC_Conky

What version of the game are you chaps using for the campaign?

4.12 has generally more aggressive ai that can also use deflection shooting to good effect.

In other words, I'm doing a lot of skydiving these days... ;D

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Mak

I built it on 4.10.1 and have played/tested it on 4.10.1 UP3, 4.10.1 UP3 + DBW, and 4.11.
When 4.12 came out I tried it on that but some of the 'tricks' like Ju52s going so low and slow that they just manage to land next to the player at the start of play, then run up their engines take off and continue on their flight plan, those things will often go horribly wrong with the 4.12 F/M. I do like 4.12 though. Better dog fighting as you say, enemy can't see you in clouds, much more random responce from A/I  A/C in combat. and its a mission builders dream with all those new toys to play with. No more going into the .mis file to tell a Ju87 to fly at 2meters alt and 20 kph so that it bumps to the ground then takes off from somwhere other than the standard runway, just pop down a spawn point and off you go.

CFC_Conky

Quote from: Mak on February 08, 2014, 06:42:37 PM
I built it on 4.10.1 and have played/tested it on 4.10.1 UP3, 4.10.1 UP3 + DBW, and 4.11.
When 4.12 came out I tried it on that but some of the 'tricks' like Ju52s going so low and slow that they just manage to land next to the player at the start of play, then run up their engines take off and continue on their flight plan, those things will often go horribly wrong with the 4.12 F/M. I do like 4.12 though. Better dog fighting as you say, enemy can't see you in clouds, much more random responce from A/I  A/C in combat. and its a mission builders dream with all those new toys to play with. No more going into the .mis file to tell a Ju87 to fly at 2meters alt and 20 kph so that it bumps to the ground then takes off from somwhere other than the standard runway, just pop down a spawn point and off you go.

Ok Mak, I'll try it in 4.10

Didn't know about the 2m 20kph trick, sounds like a LOT of work to set up! :)
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Mak

Hi Conky, You just set up any A/c with fixed undercarriage with the first waypoint where you want it to take off but on normfly and the second a ways down the track at 500 meters or so, then save. open up the .mis file in notepad or suchlike, look up that A/C and change the Airspee and Altitude manually. Its the last two numbers on the first line of the 'Way' entry.
This is the Stuka taking off from the Taxiway in Mission 2 of Bf109 June part 2.
[I_StG210]
  Planes 1
  Skill 3
  skin0 Ju87B2_WestFront_blank7.bmp
  Class air.JU_87B2
  Fuel 50
  weapons 1xSC250
[I_StG210_Way]
  NORMFLY 49449.80 22628.74 2.00 30.00 &1
  NORMFLY 46329.89 22631.66 300.00 300.00 &1
  NORMFLY 46340.47 27399.25 1800.00 300.00 &1
  NORMFLY 56199.59 28098.65 1800.00 300.00 &1
  GATTACK 61700.06 28000.39 1800.00 300.00 329_Static 0 &1
  NORMFLY 55898.95 28103.37 500.00 300.00 &1
  NORMFLY 20964.18 27978.09 500.00 300.00 &1
  NORMFLY 36982.27 69981.87 500.00 300.00 &1
  NORMFLY 4999.49 30009.12 1000.00 300.00 &1
  NORMFLY 9973.31 60001.84 500.00 300.00 &1
  LANDING 7698.93 59342.91 0 0 &1

John Cartwright

I am having a go from both sides of the channel; RAF campaign seems much more challenging than Luft one, though that is tough enough! Flying in UP at the moment, but will do it over again in 4.12 (it's that good!) to experience the contrast.
2nd RAF mission with the Fritz flying boat. I think I had the whole of Luftflotte 2 after me but managed to evade back to Hawkinge. You seem to have the 109's spending a realistic amount of time over our side which some of the other BoB campaigns I have tried in the past have failed to represent.
sorted out my extraction problems for 109 part one BTW.