Attention Free Track Users

Started by =CfC=Father Ted, February 12, 2011, 09:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Father Ted

What ho chaps,

I've been using Free Track for a while now and it is mostly pretty good.  I have noticed an anomaly though and wondered if it was my settings or a generic issue with the program.  The issue is this: when I look up in 4.09  or 4.10 I am limited to a view of 90 degrees to my flight path (or along my lift vector for those who have read the books), but in UP2.01 I am "allowed" to look backwards over my tail.

This latter view is, though un-anatomical, very useful, and having played in 2.01 I feel cramped when returning to 4.10.  Could someone let me know if there is a fix for this, or that everyone is in the same boat, in which case I'll stop whingeing

Ted

=CfC=Fitz

Hi Ted,

I believe that the reason it isn't a problem with UP is that 6dof is enabled with the mod pack we use, which allows more freedom of movement. I have the same limitations in the vanilla game but as a freetrack user, I cannot definately say that it is the case. Maybe an official TrackIR user can confirm....?

pip pip,

Fitz

=CfC=Bounder

I think you are right Fitz.......409 and 410 are limited to 2DOF and as you say the WOP (WarBirdsofPrey) MOD we activate for UP201 engages 6DOF.

Cannot understand why TD have not activated 6DOF for 410.

Bounder ???

=CfC=Father Ted

That sounds a reasonable explanation, but...  I understood that 6DoF would allow you to shift your view sideways, up/down and zoom in/out, as well as the three rotational movements.  In my FreeTrack set up I haven't implemented the former - I just use roll, pitch and yaw, so I don't see how having 6DoF activated by the game would affect me.

As to why TD haven't included it, Bounder, I heard it's to do with the fact that if you look round the cockpits with it you come up against holes and things in the modelling (coz IL2 wasn't made with this in mind) and they didn't want to make it look shabby.

5./JG27Farber

This happens with TrackIR5 also...
Black 1
Rudolf Farber