quick question about online play

Started by CFC_Conky, December 01, 2012, 09:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC_Conky

Hi Chaps,

I've been pootling about on the SOV and Battlefield-1 servers and lately I have been unable to send/receive any txt messages, i.e who got shot down, time left, gunstats, etc. Is this a setting selected by the server?

Thanks,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Father Ted

Hi Conky

I sometimes play on Skies of Valor and haven't noticed this problem (haven't been on in the last couple of weeks though).  I have noticed that on our "server" I don't see messages about people landing - ie "Father Ted is down safe and sound" (not that I see that one very much anyway).  So I have the same question...

PS You haven't just minimized the text window have you?  I sometimes have done this so that I can click on the northern edge of the map, and then forgotten about it.

CFC_Conky

Ah yes, perhaps! Now...how do you get it back to normal size?

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Father Ted

Get your map up or press escape(?) to get the dialogue box up, then select the lower edge and drag down to reveal however many lines of text you want.

=CfC=Bounder

Ted.......re. "our server"

We are connected to Fitz's standard prog (peer to peer connection) and not through any server software. To get the messages and "extras" that you get with the online servers, Fitz would need a second machine running IL-2 through server software rather like Badger did in the "Old days".

I would guess that with only a max of 10 jockeys online as we are normally, it would not make sense to run through a dedicated server....at least not at present.

Bounder ;D