Ashes Prediction

Started by =CfC=BlueDog, July 10, 2013, 11:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=BlueDog

And so it begins again!   This time, however, the negative play by the English team will find them out on the demon Aussie bouncing pitches.   So, the South African contingent (with a sprinkling of Poms) :P ;D :P ;D will return to Blighty with tail between legs!.

This time I know we will have support from the Scots, Irish, Welsh and Canadians.   Cheer us on, lads, Clarky and his boys will prevail.   

Woof, you remember cricket: 5 days of throwing the ball down a bit of a strip, aiming at those stumpy thingos; or trying to catch the ball that someone accidentally hits. ;D

Bluey's prediction: a 5 - 0 whitewash by Australia!   (and you all know about Bluey's past prediction efforts!).

=CfC=BlueDog

What?......no bites?    Ted, Bounder, where are you? ;D

=CfC=Bounder

Ooppps! It's the time difference BD!

Some old quotes:-

"Don't bother shutting it son. You won't be there long enough" - Fred Trueman to an incoming batsmen as he opened the gate to take the field.

"It's four years since I bowled to you and you haven't improved" - Merv Hughes to England batsmen Robin Smith

"Neither have you" - Smith's retort after he had smashed Hughes' next delivery for four.

"Mate, if you just turn the bat over you'll find the instructions on the other side" - Merv Hughes to Robin Smith again.

"I'll bowl you a f***ing piano, you Pommie poof. Let's see if you can play that." - Merv Hughes again. This time to England opening batsman Michael Atherton.

"I couldn't work out what he was saying, except that every sledge ended with ‘arsewipe’.” - Michael Atherton on Merv Hughes.

“There's a lot of good things about England, but I don't want to tell you too many of them.” - Michael Clarke.

Latest.......
"What was it you said about Broad?"

Bounder ;D

=CfC=BlueDog

CFC_Conky

Jeez, is that match still going on??? Just how long does it take to play cricket? ::)
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=BlueDog

Lets see..........a quick review of day 1:  our batsmen apparently still can't bat and have to leave the run scoring to the wicketkeeper and bowlers.   Hmmmmm....seems familiar!

=CfC=Father Ted

Sorry I didn't get a reply in before the start of play Bluey - but listening to the last few overs certainly improved my drive to work in the rain and the dark.  The Aussie media made a big mistake in targeting Broad.  He's definitely someone who thrives on a bit of aggro.

Here's a prediction:  England will play better than they did in England.  At home they made the mistake of making poor pitches to to try to capitalize on Swann.  All this did was to level the playing field (scuse  pun) and give the Aussie bowlers a chance.  On decent pitches good batters (ie Eng top 7) will thrive, but only top bowlers (ie Anderson, Swann, Broad) will threaten.  Therefore England should dominate.  All this talk of England struggling on the faster, bouncier Aussie wickets is misguided.

If anyone wants the above paragraph translated, I'm happy to do so (if you have a day or so to spare).

=CfC=BlueDog

Review of day two:   an unexpected gloat! ;D

=CfC=Bounder

Uurrhmmmm!

Just a fly in my cucumber sandwich!

Bounder ::)

John Cartwright

Ted, I suggest  a bit of judicious editing of your predictive post above considering the sorry state of affairs this morn :)
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC=Father Ted

*grits teeth* I'm sticking with it.  England always start tours badly, and even this game isn't over yet!

=CfC=BlueDog

review of day three:   unaccustomed as I am to such a position...........

(Conky; that means things are going well for the Aussies)

=CfC=Woof

Quote from: =CfC=BlueDog on November 23, 2013, 08:04:01 AM
review of day three:   unaccustomed as I am to such a position...........

I didn't know the missionary's wife played cricket...

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=BlueDog

Now now, Woof, Matron will be jealous!

=CfC=BlueDog

What the English team need:  matron fielding in slips