activating la5 and fw190

Started by =CfC=Woof, February 10, 2016, 02:26:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Woof

Help, if I may, chaps.  Have been all over the boards but cannot figure out how to activate  the above two a/c.  I bought the deluxe version of BOS with them both installed, and indeed my account show them installed...but they are greyed out.  Have tried inserting the codes, but they come back as invalid. Any thoughts?  Thanks.

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=Bounder

I have had a look through the BOS Forum and there is a lot of stuff about unlocking skins and weapons requiring several single missions to be flown to enable the unlock.
I cannot find much on your problem with not being able to unlock the 190 and LA5 as the Premium edition which you have should already include them.
You could try selecting a single mission (any a/c) and switch the autopilot "on" and if necessary accelerate to 2x to get a long mission comp!eted and see if that will unlock them. This is the suggested way of unlocking weapons and skins but it may take several successfully completed missions to achieve it.
I really don't know if this will help but it may be worth a try. I'm not sure if my premium edition had these two a/c unlocked from the beginning but they work now after completing a few simple missions (offline single).
Maybe Conky can give us a clue.
By the way.......Conker's....thank you for the video links. I had to search YouTube for them but we'll worth watching. That chap makes it all look so easy😥......and it is interesting that he holds 200kph until the threshold presumably because you cannot trim to 180!
Bounder

=CfC=Woof

Thanks, Bounder.  I'm planning a trans Atlantic flight as we speak...

=CfC=Woof

i FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!!!  One wonders at the paranoia of the Steam erks.  Once you buy an airplane, although it is installed, you must still find the dlc code for that aircraft then go to http://il2sturmovik.com/store/license-keys/and paste the code in the holy spot.  Then you can fly it...which I'm now about to prove...ahem.  :-*

CFC_Conky

Glad you figured it out Woof.

The kites don't really like flying below 200 km/h, the best I can do is control the rate of decent a bit on the flare. Bursts of power on roll out seem to work better than differential braking to keep things straight. Keeps airflow on the rudder.

Pip, pip,
Conky

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Bounder

Aaaah.......I didn't realise you had the coal fired version Woof! Glad you managed to get enough steam up to make it work.

They have managed to change some of the settings software as I can now assign HOTAS buttons with more than one key.....that is a great step forward.

Bounder

=CfC=Woof

My Goodness!  What's the secret re taxiing the beastly 190?  Bursts of power, Conky?  My ground loops are a blur of dust as it is.  I'll flying on sas tonite...

John Cartwright

50% off?  What the hell, may as well get it. As I can run Rof on medium settings I may be able to run this.
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC=Bounder

Great BD.....£29 is pretty reasonable to get a taxiing simulator......maybe in a while we will all be able to learn how to taxi to the runway and get airborne....but fight......HaaaHaaa.

I'm using fairly high settings BD with 4 x what's it called...the jaggy thingmajig reducer....and my NVIDIA 960 overclocked is working flat out showing me every blade of grass so I might have to reduce it slightly once I learn to get airborne....or maybe staying on the ground and looking at a crashed machine in amongst several blades of long grass is what the problem is?

Does it have a tail wheel lock Woof.....have not really tried the 190 yet but it certainly helps with taxiing the Yak. It seems to be activated with full up elevator on the 190....not sure what is releasing it though! Have managed some good ballet moves with it.

Have you noticed that if you sit crashed on the ground the chap in the cockpit keeps wiping his nose with his glove!! He should be wiping the sweat from his forehead....perhaps a mod to follow.

Bounder
Will be on the SAS server tonight

CFC_Conky

Hi Woof,

The 190 has diff braking and you lock the tail wheel by pulling back on the stick. A lot of players set the prop pitch to manual and then go to fine pitch to taxi. Usually I just use a bit of power to get it going then pull it off. All the kites are hard to taxi and have different braking systems. The Russoan birds do not have diff braking, you push down on the rider pedal while braking to do that.

For the 190, try to have the stick all the way back before applying power.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Woof

Thanks, Conkers...now back to the snow...

CFC_Conky

Let me know how it works for you Woof.

BD,

Just get the sim!   8)

At the moment you can't adjust the graphics setting in as detailed a way as you can in RoF. There are basically a small number of global settings and a few tweaks like antialiasing. On the lower settings it will still look very pretty. He grass is nice but what is missing is different types, and the devs really screwed up because they haven't included insects, birds eating them, rabbits running around, etc.

;)

=CfC=Woof

Conky, Bounder, Bluey, oh, Masters, hear my cries...finally got the pitch and mixture sorted on my ch throttle, and this afternoon taxied and flew the 190 easy peasy, both t/o and landing...tonight, however, every time i tried to get the tail up the damn thing rolled to the left and nothing would stop it.  Crashed every time.  All controls checked correct visually. Have watched Requiem and checked the hand book.  No help.  Any thoughts?  Torque troubles?  Wrist slitting starts at 0900 tomorrow.  Thank you.

CFC_Conky

Hi Woof,

Does it roll or yaw to the left? Online or off? The reason I ask is because they put wind in the online servers and the kites are tricky n a crosswind.

Rained out today so I can sit around reading the forum... 8)

Pip, pip,
Conky

John Cartwright

"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940