Upgrading to Latest Version

Started by =CfC=BlueDog, December 10, 2015, 12:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=BlueDog

Well I decided to have another look at BOS, managed to find it on my PC, loaded it and the home screen  tells me I need to update my (original) version.

Stuffed if I can find a download site - doesn't appear to be on the BOS website or forum. 

Is it so bad they keep it hidden away somewhere?

Or (more likely) is it a conspiracy against the BlueDog?   

=CfC=Woof

Don't look over your shoulder, Bluey.  Something might be gaining...

I'v got deja vue all over me...

CFC_Conky

Hi Bluey,

The updates should occur automatically since the launcher checks for them. Otherwise, you may have to download the game again. Check out the support section at:

http://il2sturmovik.com/support/

You will feel like a complete idiot when you first try to fly the kites but stick with it and you will be rewarded with an excellent sense of flight. I say this because I haven't learned to hit anything yet  ;D.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=BlueDog

Thanks Conky - I think I've got it sorted:

I had loaded the game from the "IL2" program application, rather than the "Launcher". :-[   With "Launcher" it has gone away and found the new version and is currently downloading the 3.1 GB at a miniscule number of kbs/sec.  Yawn!

I guess it wasn't a conspiracy after all. :)   But I'm going to look over my shoulder anyway Woof; :o contrary to your sage advice. 8)