CoD Patch Releases

Started by Badgerton Smedly, April 15, 2011, 03:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badgerton Smedly

Tally Ho Gents!

If you've been perusing the 1C lounge you will see that another Beta patch is due to be released today to address the FPS multi-threading issues (quad core processors).  Don't worry if you are like me and can't be bothered chasing the updates, as it's expected to be an automatic steam update on Monday.

I'll post the 1C link later.

Onwards and upwards!

Badger

Badgerton Smedly

Well it appears that the latest Steam patch has put CoD on the right track.  The building pop-ups are less of an issue and the general frame rate appears to have stabilised.  Now it's beginning to be fun!!

I'd still advise the low settings for forest and buildings however despite your machine spec.  Roll on the SLI fix!!

Badger

Badgerton Smedly

As Silverback has posted on the performance thread, the 1C team have released a beta patch, which unless something dire is wrong, will be put up on the Steam auto download for Friday 29th April.

Players are reporting stablity around the ground detail, where there had been stuttering and there're mixed reports regarding the Xfire support.  Quad core processing has been further enhanced, but reading threads involving dual-core reports, the latter are claiming they are getting just as good gameplay as the rest.  The suggestion is that it's all down to a well configured (BIOS, drivers, etc.) rig.

SLI support will come with a future nVidia drvier release.  It was quotes as 'the next', but I'm doutbful.

Will post a patch summary over the weekend.

Pip-pip

Badger

=CfC= Silverback

Well seeings how nvidia just released a new driver it will be a little wile (two weeks). But that's OK we should be good in 2112.

Badgerton Smedly

Well the next patch for old Codly was planned for Friday last, but the re-engineering they're having to apply to the code is more complicated for some of the modules.

As Bluey has mentioned in a previous post, the sound throws a wobbly on certain activities in the game and then switches off.  There are some other features which were on the cards for the next patch which are below.

The next patch will contain:

* Improved streamlined multiplayer GUI
* Other multiplayer improvements - more stability, all plane settings like convergence and paintscheme working at all times, less rare bugs, etc.
* Various graphical improvements. The distant clouds are finally back - i.e. the flat representations of clouds you saw on beta screenshots with pretty sunlit borders. Finally fixed the landscape stripes bug, etc.
* Improvements to FM and DM and various cockpit systems, as usual - long list there.
* AI improvements, including at least the majority, if not all, of the order system working.
* A new warship!

The bits that are taking longer are more fundamental as per the below

* Sound. This is probably the biggest issue we're facing. We're taking a very drastic approach to the issue and pretty much redoing our sound from scratch. This means you won't see the new sound for a few more months.
* FPS. The final remaining performance issues, which fortunately are comparatively minor, lie very deep in the engine, and require us to do a significant amount of work. Probably at least 2 months of it.
* Online stability, more anti-cheating controls, and server and aircraft SDK - also a few months out. Dedicated Server SDK and documentation is probably going to be done the quickest.

The post is below if you want to read the feedback.  ;)

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?s=f834faadda4485581217e896ac208a5f&t=23877

A bit disappointing all round to be honest and I don't know what that will mean to the US release dates, but to be honest, not having the full rebuild there isn't great so you're not missing much from a stability perspective.

Onwards!!

Badger

Badgerton Smedly

The latest beta patch is out Chaperoonies, but as before, let's wait for other more adventurous fellows to test it!  :D

Feedback is very positive with FPS looking on the up.  On the downside the mirror is still useless....  :)

More info to come, when the patch is released.

Badger out

Badgerton Smedly

The patch cometh! Steam will download it for you of course.

Despite this not being a strict performance patch, the FPS are ~3-4 better and there appear to be less stutters.  I'd be interested as to what other CoDlings are finding.

They've added E1's which is nice and fixed some FM/DM bits.  More details below:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?s=524e5ae0d91b6e95c29ddfe8b63ede39&t=24037

Sound still buggered in multiplay, but apparently they've sack the guy who did it, and they've just got to re-write it, so that's all well.  :)

More experimentation at the weekend....

Dr Badgerstein

CFC_Conky

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Palmtree

Badger,

I suppose the version of Spitfire you are flying in your signature is a top secret experimental mark?!?!  ::)
Watch Your Six!

Holder of the largest Bar Tab 1940

Badgerton Smedly

I does PT, its the mk0.0005a.  It was developed around the time when the RAF had 'draft versions' before prototypes.  ;D

=CfC= Silverback

Their is a new bata patch out today. I have installed it but not fully tested it yet. First impression is the game seems to run smoother but kinda a step down in grafix. It is still better than IL-2 1946 but not by much. Anyway they should have most of the bugs worked out by the time the sequel comes out in six years or so.

=CfC=Father Ted

If I read the announcement correctly this was an alpha patch - I'll wait for the beta and then the official Steam patch before having a look