Now Departing the Blue Light District

Started by =CfC=BlueDog, January 21, 2014, 01:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=BlueDog

So there I was, 'puter chugging along as usual.   Suddenly, I hear a whirrrrrr - like a fan going into overdrive.   The screen goes a deathly black - much like the IL2 headshot - and Percy 'puter closes down.

So I hit the reset button and the machine gets the start-up Gigabyte screen, lots of numbers and stuff, then a screen telling me the machine hasn't started up properly "but never fear, for I shall do a repair" sayeth the screen - then dies again.

So I took the dog for a walk............

Some time later I started Percy up (with some trepidation) and found all appears to be working - got stuff on the screen, it plays the Black Death track OK, and all the fans appear to be working.  

EXCEPT......the blue light inside the case is no longer lit!

Q:  I know the light make the kit look cool; but where does it come from - and if it's not there, what does it all mean?

The whole thing's a bit dusty, so while I'm waiting sage advice from ye computer gurus, I'll take it outside and give it a good hose down with a Karcher pressure sprayer.   Maybe that will fix it! ;D

CFC_Conky

Yep, about 1700psi should do the trick Bluey!  :D
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=BlueDog

Having a look at someone else's computer, seems it'd likely to be dead LEDs around the fan.   I can live with that.

John Cartwright

Pressure washer should do the trick; but just to be on the safe side do turn Percy off first.
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC=Father Ted

Quote from: =CfC=BlueDog on January 21, 2014, 01:07:58 AM
So there I was, 'puter chugging along as usual.   Suddenly, I hear a whirrrrrr - like a fan going into overdrive.   The screen goes a deathly black - much like the IL2 headshot - and Percy 'puter closes down.

So I hit the reset button and the machine gets the start-up Gigabyte screen, lots of numbers and stuff, then a screen telling me the machine hasn't started up properly "but never fear, for I shall do a repair" sayeth the screen - then dies again.

So I took the dog for a walk............

Some time later I started Percy up (with some trepidation) and found all appears to be working - got stuff on the screen, it plays the Black Death track OK, and all the fans appear to be working.

Had exactly the same experience a few weeks back (including the dog walk).  I've been wavering about whether or not to get one of those pressure washers for the car - now that I know that I can use it on the pooter as well, I'm definitely getting one!