Bluey's Royal FacePage

Started by =CfC=BlueDog, November 24, 2010, 09:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treiber

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

=CfC=BlueDog

Must have stuff.  8)   Help save England's potters. :P

=CfC=BlueDog

My favourite Barmy Army chant during the Ashes was ""Your next queen is Camilla Parker Bowles, Camilla Parker Bowles, Camilla Parker Bowles", sung to the tune of Yellow Submarine. :D :D :D

Of course, she''ll be your's too! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

My prediction: when Betty departs the fix and Chuckie takes over, Australia will become a republic immediately. ;D

=CfC= Binks

My errant son has just designed a urinal, complete with Royal crest, photographs, and the initials WC, especially for the Scottish Market.
Look out for them in your nearest Glasgow pub soon.....

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

=CfC=Father Ted

Better tell your son to be braced for failure.  Last time I was in a Glasgow pub I overhead one of the locals say, "Royal Family?  I would nae even p!ss on them".

=CfC=Bounder

=CfC= Binks

Actually, his idea is to screw them to the wall on the outside of the pub, where they might get more use  :D

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

CFC_Conky

Well it looks like his nibs and the new missus will be coming to Canada this summer. I hope they bring lots of mosquito repellent  :D!
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Father Ted

So all this wedding stuff was going to completely pass me by until I saw in the Radio Times that there would be a flypast of the BoB memorial flight and that a BBC presenter would be broadcasting live from inside the Lancaster - might be worth a look-see?

Ted

Badgerton Smedly

Crikey, mine must be the only household in the Country where we're looking forwards to the wedding!   ???

We've even got bunting and I've been practicing my CoD flypast in a Tigermoth.....  :-[

:o :o :o

John Cartwright

Not interested really. Last Royal of any use was the Queen Mum gord bless 'er; described by Hitler as 'the most dangerous woman in Britain'
Also she was a fan of Ska...I have a vision of her windin' me waist, with a g and t in one hand and racing form in the other.
Partaking of the Street party in our village though, (takes me back to VE day) Two events in two weeks what with this and the traditional Eastertide a'smolloking of the ganderbags is too much excitement here.
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC=Woof

BalDaddy, would you be kind enough to explain "a'smollicking of the ganderbags"?  I love the phrase, I want to steal it, but I guess I should know what it means, if anything, before I use it.

Mucho gracias, Senor.

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=BlueDog

"Ganderbags" must have something to do with the eyes; but I'm a'smollicked if I can work out what "a'smollicking" is.

Also request clarification, please BalDaddy.

John Cartwright

Arrrr 'tis a tradition in the area bound by this rhyme:

Upton Snodsbury,
Peopleton and Crowle,
North Piddle
Wyre Piddle, an' Piddle in the Hole!

I 'til recently lived in Cowsden which is a hamlet  near to Upton Snodsbury, and have now retired to distant lands, Naunton Beauchamp all of one and a half mile away near the Piddle Brook; the inhabitants thus described in a travelogue as being: 'smellie and of a suspicious natuyre' (ok it was written in 1750, but little has changed).

The age-old tithe to the Lord of the Manor (Three hides and 1 virgate of Urse's) has been replaced with the charming act of a'smolloking.....the children of the village dress up in their best pull-on rumpsters, gather at the Ewe & Wellington Inn and with a ganderbag full of cordwangles and boggled turmutts go round the village bounds singing:

"I’ll sing you one-oh!
   (Green grow me Bogling Fork)
   What be your one-oh?
   One is the grunge upon my splod, masking my Cordwangle!

I’ll sing you two-oh!
   (Green grow me Bogling Fork)
   What be your two-oh?
   Two are me looming thrums, see how they jangle.

Three are the times I’ve lunged my groats!

Four for me whirdler’s bent-oh!

Five’s the wonglers up my spong,
   Four for me whirdler’s bent-oh!
   One is the grunge upon my splod, it’s ruined my Cordwangle!!!"

Hope that clarifies things for you

"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

CFC_Conky

Hmmm,

I didn't know you were fluent in Sandskrit BalDaddy :D
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.