Evening Chaps!

Started by Wynthorpe, February 23, 2011, 08:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wynthorpe

Simon "Wynthorpe" Roberts here! 32 (today) and from Blackburn, Wanted to drop by and say hello! Not sure how i got the name nickname Wynthorpe but an old collegue once called it me and it stuck with everyone else!!

Pretty new to Combat Flight simming but not to flight simming (fly tubeliners in FSX constantly on VATSIM and have some 600hours logged as PIC), Looking to learn off you good chaps and have some fun along the way!

Thats it for now

Si

=CfC=Fitz

Well happy birthday old chap! Hope it's been a good one.

I'll e-mail you the server and TS details shortly so as you can join us for a pootle. Couple of questions:

What version of IL2 do you have? (Hopefully should be 1946 patched to 4.10.1)

Do you have any mods installed? (We use the UP modpack for some of our sessions but can stick with vanilla if you haven't got them)

Not sure if you'll manage to learn anything from us, other than how to make your very own patented 'Gizmo's rubber band mankini' but you'll certainly have fun!

pip pip,

Fitz

Wynthorpe

running vanilla at the moment! I can get what ever mods i need though thats not a problem :)

Mankini?!I already have one of them and will post pictures at a later stage haha.

Si

=CfC=Fitz

Not a problem, I'll make sure the server is vanilla tomorrow.

Woof, Gizmo, sounds like we've got a mankini contest in the offing!!  ;D

pip pip,

Fitz

Gizmo

What ho Wynthorpe, good to have you aboard.

I am happy to share my mankini fabrication method with anyone interested and can also post pictures of the finished article but please bear in mind 2 rubber bands do not offer a lot of support.

=CfC=Palmtree

Tally Ho Wynthorpe!

A word to the wise old chap.

Watch your bar tab like a hawk or it will double in size faster than Matron's bloomers!

And to think I could have gone to 601 squadron!!  :'(
Watch Your Six!

Holder of the largest Bar Tab 1940

=CfC=Woof

Quote from: Wynthorpe on February 23, 2011, 08:58:26 PM

Mankini?!I already have one of them and will post pictures at a later stage haha.

Si
What Ho! Wynthorp  and the best of British luck to you in the years to come.
  I look forward to your mankini picture posting.  Perhaps we can meet sometime and discuss the technicals aspects of the suit over a glass of warm champagne.   I'll be the one in the purple pumps and the pink bloomers.

I'v got deja vue all over me...

CFC_Conky

Welcome to the squad Wynthorpe!

I'll be away on Thursday, but I look forward to flying with you on Sunday if you can make it.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC= Binks

What Ho Wynthorpe. Bon anniversaire, and other French type greetings. (Many more of which may be learned at Mme Fifi's for a nominal fee).

"Encore le Champagne" you will find jolly useful in the mess,

Pip pip.

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

=CfC=BlueDog

Jolly good show, Wynthorpe old chappie, welcome to Chuffy's Flying Circus.   Anyone with a "y" in their name is OK with old Bluey here!

The Chuffolites are a fine bunch of chaps but there is a great deal of silliness in this squadron.   I, however, am looked upon as a beacon of maturity and sensibility and can be approached to give sage advice on any matter at any time.

I trust you have been made aware of the morris dancing lessons on Wednesday evenings?   Attendance is compulsory for Chuffolites; and this year we are expanding our cultural activities by entering the Cheese Rolling contest at Cooper's Hill Glouchester.   Training is on Wednesday mornings, which gives Woof and Gizmo time enough to wash their mankinis after flying Tuesday evenings.

Be advised you will also be required to compete in the annual Squadron Gurning contest (I am the proud holder of this years trophy).

As always, Matron is lurking around the Officer's Mess on the lookout for new young and tender Pilot Officers.   Just be on your guard.   We lost three new chaps to Matron's zealous love making just last week.

=CfC=Bounder

I say........jolly good show Wynthorpe....just remember that all these chaps will offer you their best machines to fly when in fact you will get all the bent....buckled....mag drops....oil spewing heaps that they have discarded!

I have the perfect set of machinery only used once by an elderly retired librarian and accessed by installing UltraPack. No hurry Old Chap....there is a new one in the pipeline so have a wiz around with the current mounts in 4.10.1.

Wilkins will fix you up with something that fires on 15 out of 16 pots tonight....but he may have to swing the prop for you as we have no more new batteries.

Welcome aboard...

Bounder ;D

=CfC=Father Ted

As honarary padre and lowest-ranking pilot, let me offer you a warm welcome to the squad, Wynthorpe.  Don't be fazed by the bawdy banter of these grizzled veterans, everyone will be jolly friendly  and helpful.

Ted

=CfC=Paladin

Greetings Wynthorpe

I am Chuffy's resident disagreeable yank. There are however a couple of chaps about from across the pond who are rather decent fellows. The key to survival here is learning to live with Banana sandwiches 3 nights a week in the officers mess. Why Banana sandwiches 3 nights a week ?? .....well there Palmtree's favorite and Palmtree is matrons favorite. If the truth were to be known Palmerston pinched a rather lurid photo of matron with a donkey from Caverat after the latter disappeared over France and has been using it to good affect ever since.

ALWAYS carefully check inside your flying boots before putting them on.

Regards
Paladin

Some people are like "slinkies ". They're not really good for anything; but
they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of
stairs.

Wynthorpe

Thanks for the welcome gents! Im having to download a couple of pateches as im only at 4.08!!

Wynthorpe

Just to let you know im downloading the UP mod now! Its a fiar whopper Oooh errr.